Crying inside

I made the decision that 2019 was my year about a month ago. Started small already by drinking more water, and since it’s New Years Eve, I did a little shopping today to get some healthier food, meal replacement shakes, and a new scale...and the scale has broken me today. 336.2 lbs....ouch
I had already made the decision to do this, but now I’m effing determined. My ultimate goal is 150 lbs, but I think my first goal is to be under 300 by my birthday in April.
We can do this! Feel free to add me if you want a supportive friend and cheerleader, or if you’d like to be that for me.

Replies

• k8lynrogers
    k8lynrogers Posts: 1 Member
    You got this!
  • Chooklet57
    Chooklet57 Posts: 43 Member
    Welcome! You can definitely do this. I’m with “intheknow8”. I lost 36kgs (in australia)..about 80lbs back in 2015..gained back 20 kgs last year..long story..it always is..but am refocused now and we all know what we have to do! Aim happy to add you both. Lest do it.
  • ImSoSquishy
    ImSoSquishy Posts: 57 Member
    i find that by setting short term goals and long term goals will also help, like losing anywhere from 5 lbs to 8 lbs per month, and a long term goal like losing 60 lbs to 80 lbs by year 2020. because there are some people on other forums i visit that sets these unrealistic goals such as losing 30 lbs in 1 month, or like "oh no, a party is coming up soon, how can i lose 20 lbs in a month?" and when they can't achieve it or told it's impossible by others, they start to think negatively, lose motivation, sometimes even get angry and upset. but with goals that's more reasonable and 100% achievable, it gives them a sense of achievement, they think more positive, and stays motivated to keep exercising for many months and years to come.
  • GenieJeanie
    GenieJeanie Posts: 2 Member
    I’m nervous about trying too! I think I’ll be heroic for the first few days then my inner child will rebel! Let’s do this!
  • fallhiker
    fallhiker Posts: 18 Member
    Hello, from Ohio in the US. I have 86 pounds to lose and have been sedentary. I will not starve myself, but choose lower carbs, less amounts, drink water, and simply get moving. If you like, please add me as a friend!
  • BMsJourney
    BMsJourney Posts: 106 Member
    I made the decision that 2019 was my year about a month ago. Started small already by drinking more water, and since it’s New Years Eve, I did a little shopping today to get some healthier food, meal replacement shakes, and a new scale...and the scale has broken me today. 336.2 lbs....ouch
    I had already made the decision to do this, but now I’m effing determined. My ultimate goal is 150 lbs, but I think my first goal is to be under 300 by my birthday in April.
    We can do this! Feel free to add me if you want a supportive friend and cheerleader, or if you’d like to be that for me.

Hi,
    welcome and congratulations on making the decision to change. That's the first step.
    I think you've put up a smart first goal - totally doable, and in a safe manner too. I am convinced you can do it!

A few thoughts (apply as you see fit)...
    1. Determine your reward for reaching the first goal! (New clothes, night out with friends, new training shoes)
    2. Try to find an exercise that you like (or can learn to like) doing. (Suggestion: Walking/hiking, rowing, ellipitical... The latter two put minimal strain on your body).
    3. Use a tape measure too, not only the scale, especially if you exercise too as you are likely to build some muscles.
    4. Smile! Today is the first day in the rest of your life, make the best of it! (This journey should be made into a positive one).

BR,
    B
  • caindove11
    caindove11 Posts: 73 Member
    You got this! Just take it one day at a time. Understand there will be ups and downs, but stay determined. You will make it happen. This is your year!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    We can only start from where we're at and go from there. Sounds like you're starting it off right. You can do this!
  • Chooklet57
    Chooklet57 Posts: 43 Member
    GenieJeanie. Your inner teenager will rebel at one point no doubt. Lock her in her room, throw away the key. Talk to her adult to child. Write down your honest reasons for doing this..on a card or digitally. Be really honest with yourself. Read your cards every day! That really helped me. I got it from a book receommended by a Psychologist called “Becks Diet Solution” Worth a read if you have time....it helped me contain my inner teenager...in a positive way... just saying... You will go fine coming on here and seeking help. Good luck.