Weigh Yourself EVERYDAY??

Options
2»

Replies

• dancingj2
    dancingj2 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    I think this is really a personal preference. Many people become frustrated if they see no change or an increase.

I have done this and ir can really help. However you must be ver aware of how much you eaten and drank, If you pass all of that foor drink, and if you preiod is about to start . If you keep these things in mind you understand what the number is really telling you and possibly not get upset.

Weighing once a week can also be frustgrating too though. I know I have weighed in after a week of being good and been up :(

Whichever method that helps keep you motivated is the one you should use.
  • watchmeshrink16
    watchmeshrink16 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday, just to have an idea if what I did the day before was helpful or not. It helps me to know my body a lot better. My real weigh in is on sunday; therefore, I look at the total pounds I lose for the week, not daily.
  • kamk16
    kamk16 Posts: 205
    Options
    Weighing daily is associated with effective weight loss however you need to realize that most people have fluctuation in weight throughout the week. Some people can't take this and weigh themselves once a week. What I can't understand about this is what if they hit a fluctuation on the one day a week that they weigh. That seems harder to handle to me if you think you have gained for the whole week when you just are in a daily fluctuation. There are many reasons why your weight will go up temporarily and usually only a couple for it to go down being you lost water or regular weight. To me I would rather see how my weight is fluctuating throughout the week and see how it works. That way if it keeps going up I know that I am gaining and can quickly adjust. However if it is just up one day and doesn't keep going up it has to do with something else like water weight, having alot of protein the night before, high salt intake etc etc. I know that after losing I tend to go up a bit the next day. I will hover a while then go close to the lowest weight and then soon I am down again. I do not go and change my weight when it goes up abit. I record it when it goes down. If it goes up and stays up or continues up for more than a few days then I really watch my weight in case I am gaining. I don't freak out about these fluctuations. I now know my body and how it works better since I have taken note of its patterns. You shouldn't weigh yourself more than once a day and always at the same time. Before breakfast makes the most sense for me. If you can't hack knowing how your body's weight fluctuates then weigh weekly at the same time of day on the same day of the week. You may know by now when you are most likely to be up or down. I usually don't lose on a Friday but did this week. I often lose on a Monday or Tuesday.
    [/quote
    I agree with this...this is me and what I do. I am fine with fluctuations but like to know. Now my daughter just took her scale with her to college so I went and got new one (not digital like hers) so I won't be able to see the change as much because it will be just pounds and not tenths of a ound anymore.