foods I miss (v British!)

Options
2»

Replies

• kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    Wow, the food in this thread is so foreign to the food I eat! Now, I am really curious to try all those foods you all miss! I've never had "fish and chips". I usually have habanero salsa and chips, rofl!
  • daveredfern
    Options
    Digestive biscuits and custard creams. I could each a pack of each in minutes!

Also salted peanuts were my favourite snack food.
  • Lozzy_82
    Lozzy_82 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    The craving for fish & chips is killing me! The bloke I sit opposite at work keeps going to the chippy at lunch and the smell is just sooo tempting! Om nom nom.
  • katief89
    Options
    ahhh I completely agree on the smell of fish and chips! My house at uni was just around the corner from one and walking past it was a killer!
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    My sister and I were discussing comfort food the other day and what we hadn't had in a long time so here goes theres quite a few

Liver and onions in thick gravy with mashed potatoes
    stew and Dumplings
    Meat and potato pie with mushy peas and hendersons relish ( a yorkshire thing much better than worcestershire sauce)
    chips fried egg and beans
    corned beef hash
    shepherds pie
    heinz cream of tomato soup with cheese sandwiches

As you can see all very stodgy lol

Oh god I forgot - I started MFP in spring. I love a pie - steak and ale, chicken and mushroom, fish, shepherds OMG - will try not to think about that until the time comes...flaky pastry, short crust, puff, mashed potato...I will have to experiment. Roll on Autumn!

BTW: Cook Yourself Thin cookbooks are great for coming up with lower fat alternatives to classics. Their lasagne was amazing!

I read on the weight watchers site a recipe that used butternut instead of fat to make a pastry for a pie. I've never got round to trying it, as my partner doesn't like pastry, but it looked very nice...
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    UK chips = US fries.

And a cream tea isn't something you drink.