juice diet

Options
So I havent been logging in for the past couple of days. I started school back up and I bought myself a juicer. Ive been doing it for the past 2 three days. I sometimes have a sold food here and there. I was 143 and now I am 139. Im not for sure if I am doing this right tho. I dont know if im getting all the stuff I need for my body. Plus Im afraid that once I stop this juice diet that I will gain all the weight right back :( I could use some advice!

Replies

• Forensic
    Forensic Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    In all honesty, no, you probably aren't getting everything your body needs, you cannot sustain the habit, and you will likely gain when you stop.
  • melleyd
    melleyd Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    danipher, please feel free to join our juice fasting thread. this is not a diet but very healthy for you. just make sure you consult your doctor is you have any pre-existing health problems (diabetes, etc).

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/292205-juice-fasting?page=20#posts-4305413
    Please note this thread is on page 20 and will be flipping to a new one soon!
  • danipher
    danipher Posts: 24
    Options
    Darn :( that sucks
  • kbach75
    kbach75 Posts: 10
    Options
    there's a movie called "fat, sick and nearly dead" which covers the juice diet. but i think in order for anything to work, it has to be FOR THE LONG HAUL. i thought about juicing, but i like chewing my food.
  • kbach75
    kbach75 Posts: 10
    Options
    there's a movie called "fat, sick and nearly dead" which covers the juice diet. but i think in order for anything to work, it has to be FOR THE LONG HAUL. i thought about juicing, but i like chewing my food.
  • yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Why are you doing this to yourself? Eat real food!!!! If you want to supplement with juices go for it (I refuse to drink my calories!!!)
  • EowynElin
    EowynElin Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    A three day juice fast is very good for! It helps your body detox which helps you stop craving bad foods. I always feels super great after doing it! The temptation is to keep doing it. If you keep doing it, you will lose weight and it will feel great. But as soon as you put regular solids back into your diet, you will gain. Doing a three day juice fast a couple times a year is good, but I would suggest going back to solids so your body gets everything it needs! :)
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    You will probably gain it back. The juice diets just clean out the waste in your body. I don't really know if you are or aren't getting everything you need, for 2-3 days, my guess is that it really doesn't matter. BUT you need to go back to real, healthy foods. Now more than ever, junk food is going to make you feel yucky. I think juicing can be a healthy part of you daily routine, like once a day for smoothies or whatever, especially if you are the type that doesn't eat a lot of veggies, but a continued juice diet is not a way to live. You may already be starting to feel the fatigue because you suspect you aren't getting what you need.