Please help!

Options
I am new here...again. I was on here quite awhile ago and slowly stopped using the app. My weight now is my highest ever. I’m so upset with myself, I don’t know how I let it get this bad. I am open to anyone helping, giving suggestions, adding me - anything.

Replies

• Grar_Ulfur
    Grar_Ulfur Posts: 2 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Hang in there, I am also a "returnee" with very different goals this time. I can only offer encouragement, and not expertise, as my former athletic knowledge centred on gaining and maintaining a lot of body weight rather than getting rid of it. I have found that using this MFP tool religiously really does help to meet weight loss goals.
  • parmeshta
    parmeshta Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Lookup Dr. McDougal's website and follow the starch solution. I lost 28 pounds in 4 months already. Going for 80 pounds...
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    I am new here...again. I was on here quite awhile ago and slowly stopped using the app. My weight now is my highest ever. I’m so upset with myself, I don’t know how I let it get this bad. I am open to anyone helping, giving suggestions, adding me - anything.

Try to make your day to day goals about the process, not your weight. Logging accurately and consistently, cutting out a habitual food that wastes more calories than its worth, taking a 15 min walk every day, eating more veggies. Give yourself credit for that stuff, and try to look at the number on the scale as just another piece of data.

Know that you will have bad days, everybody does. And it's no big deal. People who succeed accept that it will happen, and don't let it get in their head, they just keep moving forward.

Use this time to study your diary and learn from your mistakes to find a way of eating that you enjoy, fills you up, and is practical to keep you at the right calorie level to maintain a healthy weight for the rest of your life. Good luck!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    parmeshta wrote: »
    Lookup Dr. McDougal's website and follow the starch solution. I lost 28 pounds in 4 months already. Going for 80 pounds...

Or just eat in a calorie deficit
  • Johnk942
    Johnk942 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I did a restart last summer. So glad I did. You can so do this.
  • AngieMMc2015
    AngieMMc2015 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the comments and adds!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,390 Member
    Options
    I have been here on and off since 09...I do well then I fall off the wagon give up and delete my account...this is the year I stay with it and get it done....Feel free to add me :)
  • StaminaX5
    StaminaX5 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Counting calories is the biggest and most crucial thing to follow you will not lose anything without a deficit but there are things you can manipulate in the deficit to make things easier
  • 2O2OisMyYear
    2O2OisMyYear Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I’m at my highest ever too.. just sent you a request!
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    I lost 30lbs using this site then sadly gained it back (life/health issues) Have lost it again now and aiming to lose another 30lbs this year.

Consistency is key.
    Stick to your calorie deficit.
    Be patient
    Trust the process. It works.