DAY ONE JAN 1 2019

Options
mrsb899
mrsb899 Posts: 6 Member
To just get through this day reaching my calorie goal would be fantastic... ate whatever I wanted through the holiday season and like a lot of people now it's time to get serious, but I truly want to get serious.

Replies

• sbro32
    sbro32 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Already off to a great start by taking it one day at a time!
  • srhacker83
    srhacker83 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Today is my day 1 - I have been the family caregiver for 10+ years and now is time for me. I also want to get in shape for a vacation this summer that my mom surprised me with before she entered hospice in October. I am allergic to all fresh fruit so that is always a hinderence for me. Anyway, good luck to all!,
  • aepstein1
    aepstein1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Kudos to all of you (us) for taking the first step today (or yesterday). i've logged everything, gotten in my 40 minute walk and made a great new turkey chili in my instant pot (lots of leftover for the rest of the week). just have to guestimate the meal to other instant pot turkey chilis. I'm so glad to find a current dialog, so many of the other threads were so old. Here's to a good evening (for the night time snackers) and cheers to a good tomorrow.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    @aepstein1 for future reference, there’s a handy recipe builder tool here in MFP that helps you get the calculations exact (if you care too). I find it helpful for things 8 make a lot.
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    Options
    I believe it’s important to examine behavior for honest answers why the holiday was selected as the reason of record to fall off the discipline wagon and eat excessively. Reason being, there are always holidays, birthdays and other special events so relapse propensity needs to be assessed and preventions put in place to prevent relapse.

Relapse isn’t that moment when your gorge but rather all the emotions and conscious conspiring leading up to it.

Something to think about.
  • pogiguy05
    pogiguy05 Posts: 1,583 Member
    Options
    This was my whole month of December

https://youtu.be/2HFc6x_AtWs
  • LindaGilpin59
    LindaGilpin59 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I am determined that Number on scale on 1-1-2019 will be the highest number I will see this year. Plan is in place. Lunches prepped for the week consisting of salad and veggies/fruit. 1st workout of the year done.
  • Breeli0519
    Breeli0519 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I believe it’s important to examine behavior for honest answers why the holiday was selected as the reason of record to fall off the discipline wagon and eat excessively. Reason being, there are always holidays, birthdays and other special events so relapse propensity needs to be assessed and preventions put in place to prevent relapse.

Relapse isn’t that moment when your gorge but rather all the emotions and conscious conspiring leading up to it.

Something to think about.

Great insight! The short answer...at least for me...is that it is the easiest and most socially acceptable excuse, because everybody "gets it." Total cop out for all the reasons you listed above. But here I am AGAIN getting back on track on 1/1/19 for the umpteenth time. Kudos to all of us who are owning our crap excuses and refuse to give up the fight!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!