The last two pounds

Options
I cannot seem to loose the last two pounds to hit my goal weight. I’m 5’1 and weigh in at 107.6 and my goal is 105. I go to the gym twice a week and do kettle bell classes and then workout at home three days a week using videos from YouTube for 40 mins. The gym classes are about an hour long. I also follow a mostly vegan lifestyle and have fish about once a month. Another goal for the year is to really tone my stomach which I have a really hard time toning because that’s where most of my body fat goes. I have my calories set at 1200 and I don’t know if I should be eatting less or more but I am scared I am going to gain weight please helpppp!!!

Replies

• apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    How long have you been trying to lose two pounds?

Do you weigh all of your food using a food scale?

How long have you been doing this exercise routine?
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,485 Member
    Options
    What are your calories for maintenance?

You may be just so close to eating maintenance cals that your loss is going to be 1lbs a month or less.
    The last few lbs, espescially when they are towards the lower end of the BMI scale, can be incredibly slow.

I am older and when losing to a maintenance of 100-105 lbs at 5’1 my maintenance was 1200 sedentary (I ate back ~200 cal per hr exercise), so those last few lbs came off very, very slowly.

Really being accurate with food and exercise logging was what I needed. No more averaging out a slice of bread or an orange, everything was weighed, and I rechecked my exercise data to make sure I was not over eating exercise cals.

Some kind of weight training will help you resculpt your body.

I would suggest you decide what your maintenance range will be. 103-107 maybe, set your calories to the middle of that, and start maintenance now while doing a recomp.

Cheers, h.
  • jasondjulian
    jasondjulian Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    2lbs? Honestly, you're in a weight range now that is perfectly healthy, and that 2lbs may just be irrelevant. I'd focus on strength training and the aesthetic that you want as opposed to what the actual weight number is. You may (probably will) look leaner and stronger at 112lbs but with more muscle then if you were to stay as you are now but lose only 2lbs of only body fat.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Is your weight exactly 107 every day? It’s normal for weight to fluctuate by at least 2 lbs during the week.
  • lillianwynter
    lillianwynter Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My calories for maintenance are 1300
  • lillianwynter
    lillianwynter Posts: 6 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    I have been intensely exercising for ab seven months
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,485 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    If 1300 is your goal weight maintenance, switch to that now, and tighten your logging.

You may want to switch out some of your exercise routine and start lifting, unless your kettlebell class is a progressive weigh programme.

Here is a list of good programmes.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1

One of the above programmes will help sculpt your body and help your abs.

I did light weight classes, Pilates, bodyshape, 30day Shred and other classes that were good conditioning classes that included cardio and light or body weight. It wasn’t until I started lifting heavy (what was heavy for me) that I saw real improvement in my abs and even then it took time.

Cheers, h.

Have a read of this thread too.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10177803/recomposition-maintaining-weight-while-losing-fat/p1