Grape jelly sub!

Options
2»

Replies

• Kohanai
    Kohanai Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    mmapags wrote: »
    If you don't have a medical condition that makes limiting sugar necessary, you are splitting hairs for very little rate of return. Sugar doesn't make you fat. Excess calories do. Have the jelly you like and account for it in you calories. Going over your sugar goal is really meaningless. Sugar is just a carb. Hit you overall carb target and swap sugar out for something useful to track, like fiber.

I wouldn't really say going over on sugar is meaningless. To me, it isn't. I track many targets, sugar is just one of them (as is fiber). And, of course sugar in itself doesn't make you fat. I thought that was common knowledge?

This question sparked good responses, and options for me to try. Who knows, maybe I'll like one of those options more than my normal choice. I tried apricot preserves due to this, and enjoy the heck out of them (just not as much as my beloved grape).
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,070 Member
    Options
    Doesn't come in grape, but the Bionaturae all-fruit spreads are amazing - among the best jam-type things I've ever had, including homemade (and that's saying a lot). Has so much fruit in it! Comes in apricot, peach, strawberry, bilberry, wild berry, sicilian orange, blackberry and sour cherry.

The wild berry (one of my faves) ingredients are organic wild berries (organic blackberries, organic strawberries, organic bilberries, organic raspberries), organic apple juice concentrate, natural fruit pectin, ascorbic acid.

I don't slavishly seek out organics, but man, this stuff is so good. Nice as a yogurt flavoring, to add sweetness and flavor to oatmeal, for fruit tarts, on pancakes . . . .

Still has 30 calories per tablespoon, 6g sugars, 5g added. They claim its best used within 14 days after opening when refrigerated, but I've kept it longer and it was fine.

Downside? Not cheap. Cheaper local than on Amazon IME.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    Walden Farms.

Yess their jellies are actually really good. I love the grape.