Replies

• MsBaz2018
    MsBaz2018 Posts: 384 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    December 22: 210 lbs
    January 2: 210 lbs

But I do commiserate with you OP :)

My takeaway is to log even during the holidays. Next year if all goes according to plan my maintenance will be lower so I'll be more at risk.
  • oneillm45
    oneillm45 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Weighed myself this morning and I'm up about 7lb since mid-December. Some of it is genuine weight gain, some of it is the after-effects of a lot of wine on New Year's Eve. I expect to drop 3-4lb quite quickly but it will probably be the end of January before I'm back to my mid-December weight.
  • brittlb07
    brittlb07 Posts: 313 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Thanks for posting this. Misery loves company, I guess. I finally weighed myself for the first time since Thanksgiving for this very reason and I am ashamed to say I am heavier than I ever have been. I had done so well this summer and the cold season does not do well for me. Here’s to new changes.
  • JennJ323
    JennJ323 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Between November and January I'm up approximately 2lbs. I'm in maintenance and bounce between 124-127lb.. I was at 124lb for a while and have been at 126lb for the last few weeks. Would like to get back to (mostly) staying at 124lb.
  • Slashnl
    Slashnl Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    About 3 pounds over Christmas, but probably more like 5 over November and December. I am going to do better in 2019 than I did in 2018. Getting back to what worked before....
  • kds10
    kds10 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I gained the 2 lbs that I lost thru December up to Xmas. My own fault, I do IF and didn't follow it from the 26th until the 31st...pretty much ate from wake up time to bedtime. I weigh 158.5 again and my goal is by the end of January to be down to 155. THen I have just 5 lbs to go to goal.

I found I felt lazy from Xmas on and was getting somewhat too comfortable lying around and eating, scary how easy it is to revert back into old habits:(
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    I take an intentional break during holidays and move from deficit to maintenance or surplus from Thanksgiving through Christmas. I still track and keep an eye on things so they don't get out of control, but I'm in this for the long term and a short term break is needed, both physiologically and psychologically.
  • patrickaa5
    patrickaa5 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I gained 7lbs during the 7 days between Xmas and New Years. My hope is that about 4 or 5 of those lbs will go away by next weigh in (next Monday).

I did log everything during that time, but averaged almost 3,000 calories per day. My maintenance is around 2,500 calories, so I shouldn't have gained more than a pound or two of actual fat. We'll see.
  • ragsmccaul
    ragsmccaul Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Since Dec 20 I've gained .8lbs. Lot's of Yo-Yoing over the past 2 weeks but I'm very excited to have gotten all of the partying out of my system and eager to be back on it today.
  • leahcollett1
    leahcollett1 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    i gained 9lbs in 10 days.. urgh, if only losing weight was just as fast ha ha
  • ropey101
    ropey101 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I had a blowout Xmas... it was planned that way so no surprise I gained 7lbs between 20 Dec and 01 Jan... eating clean and on track since 01Jan has that gain down to 3lbs now. Hope to have this back to mid December figure within the next two weeks....

I threw out/gave away all our surplus sweets, biscuits, junk early in the New Year

I treat holidays as blowouts, don't record, don't worry but make sure I'm back on the wagon the first day back.

Happy New Year to all
  • jdubois5351
    jdubois5351 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I really didn't watch it, and I "gained" about 4 pounds, though I've been yo-yoing those 4 pounds for a few weeks anyways. I've really started watching it again since yesterday.
  • LaurenMT96
    LaurenMT96 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    From 22 Dec to 2nd January i gained 10lbs, down to 7lbs as of this morning... hoping by next friday it's only a real gain of around 3lbs
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    I gained about 3 lbs.

More importantly, my college freshman athlete son who lost 15 lbs during fall semester due to the food at school being kind of gross gained back 8 lbs of what he lost because I cooked yummy meals for him and food is love.

Yes, I realize that is a total run-on sentence but my heart is full and an extra 3 lbs isn't going to change that right now.
  • patrickaa5
    patrickaa5 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Update: of the 7lbs I gained over Christmas/New Years, about 4 of those lbs went away the first 4 days. I'm hoping that after a full week back on plan I'll be within a pound or two of where I was at before my diet break.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    Trending up .5 since beginning of December. I actually dropped weight for a while. I am probably the only @hole that loses weight on a vacation. I was pretty regimented over the holidays. Relaxed a bit at family meals, but planned the best i could and logged loosely at those meals. I am ok with the weight gain. I am actually trying to do some slow weight restoration without unleashing my massive appetite on the world. Lol