Replies

• dauchsmom
    dauchsmom Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    HI there! Sent you a message! :)
  • Blue_eyed_girl82
    Blue_eyed_girl82 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I need to be in the best physical fitness ever and soon. I have to work hard. My clinical's are coming up shortly and I work full time. I gained the freshman 15 and sophomore weight as well. I sit behind a desk at work and for homework. School starts back in 9 days I need motivation. I have to be fit , fast and be able to lift people and save lives. Motivation needed. I need friends who will hold me accountable. BTW my name is Nicole and I just turned 36
  • GretelGSD
    GretelGSD Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to say hi Michael, I also have scoliosis which is very painful. You can totally do this and for us scoliosis sufferers, being a healthy weight really helps in so many ways. Being able to bend over more easily without the lard around our non existent waists makes life much easier, excess weight is never good news and for us, it really hinders our enjoyment of life which can be challenging at times. Wishing you the very best of luck, you're doing a wonderful thing for yourself and your family!
  • kireler
    kireler Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Mike here, feel free to add me. 38, 5' 8" and started off in Nov 2018 at 290. I'm at 250 right now. in Summer of 2017 I was at 300, I went on MFP after getting the flu for a few days and was able to use it to get to 260. Then over the next year I went back up to 290 by not monitoring and tracking what I eat.

I didn't "try" too lose this much this fast, and am pretty amazed that I did. I spoke to my Dr about it and she said it was a lot, wasn't worried but I she wouldn't suggest more then 2-3(max) lbs per week.

I won't lie and say that it's easy, it isn't always. My first step was cutting sugar out of my diet. Then I took a good 2-3 weeks to reduce the size of my stomach (i.e. be full after eating less food). I did it gradually and now I eat in a day about what I would eat in a sitting. I put less food on my plate and about half way through I would get up and do something like get a glass of water, pretend to go to the bathroom, change/clean the baby, whatever. I tried to be away for ~5mins. Usually when I got back to my meal I wasn't hungry anymore. I eat super fast so by the time I finish my plate, I would of eaten 1/2 or 1/4 more then I needed too.

I replaced "junk" food with healthier food. I bring hard boiled eggs(still in the shell) to work for breakfast, I bring a lunch (usually leftovers) in also, and I say no to a lot of food that is offered. I plan my meals as much as I can if I'm going out. Then I added some exercise a few weeks ago. I started to use hot sauce when what I'm eating feels bland or I'm not in the mood for it, then make a point of making myself something I want the next meal or day.

Basically for me it was a battle between my will power and cravings/habits. That is what works for me, you may have to try a few different things to see what is right for you. but you WILL find it.

Look at it like a lifestyle change, not just a diet. You may hit some bumps or curves in your journey and that's okay. Just put it behind you and get back on track. :)