Pregnant- need help with tracking and workout advice

I have always used MFP to lose weight in the past, I want to start using it while I’m
Pregnant to make sure I’m eating enough or not too much, I’m only to gain 25 lbs during pregnancy and I’m 17.5 weeks and already gained 9lbs. Any tips tricks, workout advice would be awesome thank you!!

Replies

• SpicyWater
    SpicyWater Posts: 99 Member
    Bump - I'd like to read anyone's advice on this too.
  • Cassandraw3
    Cassandraw3 Posts: 1,214 Member
    It is best to speak with your ob/gyn about this. General rule of thumb for healthy weight gain while pregnant is eat maintenance calories in first trimester, additional ~350 calories second trimester, and ~500 calories third trimester. You do not want to be starting any new exercise routines before consulting your doctor while pregnant. The most important thing right now is doing what is best for your baby. You can always lose weight after the baby is born.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,753 Member
    Is exercise new for you or have been exercising for a while? Did your doctor inform you of how many calories to need? I would start there and them. I was high risk when I was pregnant and I listened to my doctor's advice. I would not ask strangers on the internet.

Congratulations <3
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,753 Member
    Lower your carbs
    It helps me a lot

This helps you, but is not helpful for the general public.