Getting Started 100 or more to lose

Options
jrjbradshaw
jrjbradshaw Posts: 1 Member
edited January 2019 in Getting Started
I need to lose 100 - 125 pounds, I am ready to start my journey but I little scared I will fail. Does anyone have any advice on how to stay on track?

Replies

• ajbookremarks
    ajbookremarks Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi there,
    In the same boat, I'm taking it one day @ a time. Tracking is the first step. Good luck on your journey
  • Pool_Boy
    Pool_Boy Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Just log everything you put in your mouth, you can do this!!
  • tbduarte1
    tbduarte1 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    what everyone told me was to start logging everything you eat. Be accurate and weigh things out. If you dont have a scale there are cheap ones on Amazon. The problem I had in the past was I would guess how much I was eating and not measuring and weighing all of the food.

I took three weeks, not changes to diet or exercise. I just logged my food. It was eye opening. From there I am making small changes. One at a time, slowly. I am just starting out but this is the info I gathered from others that had success. Good Luck.
  • wahawkspirit
    wahawkspirit Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Make sure your goals are something you can countrol. Rather than focusing on how much you want to lose (which you cant control) - focus on how many calories you want to eat and how many calories you want to burn. If your meeting these goals your suceeding!!!
  • lisasewell1
    lisasewell1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Just ensure you track everything and don't think how far you have to go, look at how far you have come (when you start) I like the you'd weigh in 5 weeks part at the bottom and it keeps me motivated. I've lost 35/105.
  • SloanieBaby
    SloanieBaby Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with someone above. Logging foods and getting a kitchen scale are key to success! You can do this!
  • fionadunn2016
    fionadunn2016 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Woo hoo week 1 done
    4kgs down
    7cm off waist
    Logged each day!!
    Woohoo
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    Options
    Don't make things harder than they need to be, don't over complicate things. To lose weight all you need to do is eat fewer calories than you use. That's it. Doesn't matter what you eat, doesn't matter when you eat, doesn't matter how you eat, as long as you eat fewer calories than you use you'll lose weight.

Here's some advice that helped me:
    - Don't make any dramatic changes to your eating habits. Start out by eating the same foods, the foods that you like but use your food diary to make sure that you're eating them in quantities that keeps you in a calorie deficit.
    - Don't lose 100lb. Lose 5 or 10, then do that again and again and again.
    - Don't make any temporary changes. If you don't think you can commit permanently to a change then find something else to change. Temporary changes yield temporary results. There are loads of things you can do find ones that work for you and do them.
    - Don't forget to live. Weight management is about what you do most of the time. No one gets fat from cake on their birthday. It's OK to enjoy yourself occasionally, in fact it's probably a good idea to indulge every now and then so you don't feel deprived and go off the rails.
    - Take photos. Weight loss is slow, weight loss is gradual, weight loss will happen and you won't even notice it. Take photos to refer back to because that's when you'll genuinely see the progress you've made.
    - Be patient. With that amount of weight to lose you should be thinking in terms of years, not months.
    - Weight loss happens in the kitchen, fitness happens in the gym. Exercise is great for your health but it's what you eat that matters most for weight loss.

G'luck