Can I eat bread and still lose weight?

Options
One of my easy go to meals in the morning is toast and pb because I work full time and have school full time. I’m worried I can’t lose weight if I eat bread everyday. Is it possible? Will it slow my progress?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    One of my easy go to meals in the morning is toast and pb because I work full time and have school full time. I’m worried I can’t lose weight if I eat bread everyday. Is it possible? Will it slow my progress?

Yes its possible, and no it won't do anything to your progress as long as overall you're in a calorie deficit
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    Yup.. it's just more calorically dense than some carbs...
  • ee2368
    ee2368 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Eat the bread! Just stay in your deficit and you should be fine. 👍🏼 you got this!
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options

I eat cookies most weekdays and have lost over 20 pounds since September. Yes, as long as you can fit it in your calorie allotment you can eat bread. For what it's worth, my typical breakfast involves a bagel. Taste wise, I prefer oatmeal, but it doesn't fill me up (steel cut oats will sometimes) but a bagel will.