Gained 30, Need a reset & positve friends please!!

Overall I have lost 150 pounds. The past few months have been a rollercoaster and I gained 30 pounds since August. I am shocked at myself and almost feel like I just woke up today 30lbs heavier.
The past few years have been so disciplined. My goal is to lose 175 pounds. When I hit 150 I was so happy, only 25 more to go.
Now I’ve gained 30 and really dug a hole for myself.

While I’m not blaming anyone because it is my sole responsibility to care for my health. I’ve really noticed the difference who I socialize with makes on my health and eating habits. And noticed what can happen when around people who have negative and unhealthy lifestyles. Unfortunately the majority of people in my life right now are really not supportive of my fitness and health goals and all the pushes to ‘cheat’, the food guilt for refusing and then reluctantly giving in, has really affected me more than I realized. I have fallen back into bad habits and feel very bad that instead of focusing on losing pound 151+, I’m stuck recovering the same ground.
Has anyone who has lost a significant amount of weight and gained some back have any tips to deal with the terrible embarrassment and shame felt for gaining it back?
Has anyone noticed that people push food/treats on you more after weight loss than they did when you were really heavy?
Like they think you can ‘handle’ eating all the carbs/sugar now because you lost so much weight that your like magically unable to gain it back or something?

I tried to make a new year fresh start plan with my roommate who happily agreed and then requested buttermilk pancakes, because it’s not as ‘bad’ as donuts:/ oh I can’t take this kind of logic anymore!

So that means I’m in it alone over here with my ginger kale protein smoothie.
I am back on my original fitness plan today and am really trying to stay positive and motivated regardless of what everyone around me is doing.

It would be really helpful to have some friends who support healthy habits and are really ready to just go after their goal full force!

Thank-you for reading & hope the New Year brings you success!

Replies

• angelava
    angelava Posts: 3 Member
    I am not in the same position as you, necessarily (since everything I’ve ever lost I’ve gained back), but just wanted to encourage you to do what makes you happy and healthy. Don’t beat yourself up for the weight gain, but realize how far you have still come, and resolve to get back to treating yourself right.

And remember that maintaining your weight loss is in many ways a bigger accomplishment than losing the weight to begin with, because it’s a long-term effort. I wish you well.

I’m starting again too.
  • cobalt108
    cobalt108 Posts: 60 Member
    Thank-you for the kind words! I will try to remember how far I’ve come and maybe it will help me stay positive.
    I’m sorry you’ve gained it all back, it is very frustrating. I am just trying to keep telling myself if I did it once I can do it again;)
    I’m glad your starting again
    and wish you luck + strength!!!
  • swim777
    swim777 Posts: 599 Member
    I’ve regained too. As frustrating as it is, it’s a great time to get going! By spring, we should be moving along seeing a difference and back with our good habits. I’ve joined the 30 lbs in 12 weeks challenge. Add me and we will all encourage each other!
  • coolsinger
    coolsinger Posts: 8 Member
    I am in need of support, accountability and motivation. My journey has been long but I have lost 50lbs and I'm now focusing on fat percent loss (through fat loss and muscle gain) before I start medical school in August. I log food and workouts daily in a public diary (don't let me get away with not! lol). I'd be happy to give advice and push you to not give up. Feel free to add me! :smiley:
  • 3DCAKE
    3DCAKE Posts: 104 Member
    Congrats on your 150 pounds loss. That is awesome. I also don't have really any support. Husband eat anything and not gain weight. I look at something and pounds plie on.
    I am concentrating a lot on healthy eating. I take picture of everything I eat on "see how i eat" app. I am incorporating 30 min of walking or some other sort of cardio daily.
    I have 30 pound to loss as well.
    Please add me and lets support each other. We got this!!!
  • DaniMerc72
    DaniMerc72 Posts: 188 Member
    I'm starting over again too--let's kick 2019's *kitten* :)
  • cobalt108
    cobalt108 Posts: 60 Member
    @3DCAKE
    I’m new to the community forums and am not sure how to reply directly to your comment so hope you see this!
    Thank-you for the kind words! It can be hard to concentrate on healthy eating when your living with/around people who indulge frequently. Out of sight out of mind works really well for me, so when you constantly are seeing the treats around it can really get in your head sometimes. Thanks for the suggestion about taking the meal pictures. Interesting concept, I’ll look into the app and please let me know if it helps!
  • leecha2014
    leecha2014 Posts: 385 Member
    edited January 2019
    I 100% can relate to this and thank you for the friend request. Eating indulgent foods, or going to restaurants is comforting amongst friends and when someone stops doing this, friends typically try to hang on to it because it’s such a big part of being social, and it’s fun! It’s similar to friends who smoke and then one person quits. It’s a change in the dynamic of your friendship. Although difficult I wouldn’t be too upset as it probably comes from a good place. However your friends need to understand and support you, keep pushing back. True friends will be there in the end. When I was losing my husband would still ask to get thai food delivery because it’s what we do and he didn’t want to give it up even though he loves me more than anything.
    You and I both need to take one day at a time, focus on 10lb at a time and so what we worked for us before! I too feel like I woke up one day and bam nothing fits and I look chubby. So upsetting but now I keep thinking of how much better I will feel end of Jan. Then end of Feb. You’ve done an incredible job and should feel so proud. You’ve got this!
  • AnneMelody
    AnneMelody Posts: 51 Member
    I am trying to start over too! I've regained 30lb and I am so cross with myself, I have had a major life change in the last year, and have had no motivation at all, and as I've moved to the other side of the country, all my supportive friends are a long way away, and I am alone with my husband, who does not help in the slightest! He takes no notice when I tell him not to buy all the fattening treats, chocolate, cakes, sweets, take away food, you name it, he does it! I know I am the one who puts it in my mouth, but when there is so much temptation, it is so very hard, and if I'm honest, some of it is comfort food as I really have not settled 100% in to my new area, I know I can lose the weight again, I did it before, it was a slow process but I did do it, so with a bit of motivation and accountability I hope to do it again!!
  • dbkyser
    dbkyser Posts: 612 Member
    I had lost 160 lbs only to gain back 30 since Thanksgiving. I am now working hard again to get that back off plus 10 more to hit my goal.
    I have continued to weight lift and know I have more muscle but not 30 lbs more. I had started eating junk and it shows.