100lbs to loose

Options

Replies

• StarsongUK
    StarsongUK Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Another with about 100lb to lose. I'm in the UK as well. What calorie limit are you using? I'm thinking about the 2lb a week loss at 1200 calories to keep me going but on day 3 it's a struggle already! I also worry about loose skin.
  • AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    What a motivating thread!!!!!
  • CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    StarsongUK wrote: »
    Another with about 100lb to lose. I'm in the UK as well. What calorie limit are you using? I'm thinking about the 2lb a week loss at 1200 calories to keep me going but on day 3 it's a struggle already! I also worry about loose skin.

How much do you weigh? The general standard is to aim for no more than 1% loss per week....so if you are 200 lbs or over then 2lbs per week is fine.

My doctor set my calories at 1350 per day......I started at 273 lbs and I'm down to 236 lbs now. I started out losing about 3 lbs per week but I'm losing about 2 lbs per week now. 1200 calories is probably too low for you. What does the MFP diary suggest for you?

I worry about loose skin too.....but I figure I will cross that bridge when I come to it.
  • Thewaffle86
    Thewaffle86 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    StarsongUK wrote: »
    Yet another Uk person! I’m doing about 1400 a day so far but only on day 2 but feeling fine. 1200 from past experience was too low for me. I worry about loose skin but figure it will be better with exercise.
  • StarsongUK
    StarsongUK Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks all. MfP says 1200!
  • fitnthinby40
    fitnthinby40 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm in as well. Just about 100 for me as well. I also lost a lot about 10 years ago and have since gained it all back and then some. This time is it!
  • ee2368
    ee2368 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Added you! So excited about this journey!
  • fionadunn2016
    fionadunn2016 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have about 130 lbs to lose... 60kgs (I needed to translate!!!) I have started on the 8 week blood sugar diet and day 4 getting great results.. yes I know it's water.. but 4.8kgs is awet in my book!!!

Love to go on the journey with you as mine may be a little long... And I get bored easily!!!
  • ChelleDee07
    ChelleDee07 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to post and encourage each of you. You can do it!! I lost just over 100 lbs in 2017 and have maintained the loss for more than 15 months. I changed what and how much I ate and joined a gym where I got active. Nothing more. Nothing less. Weigh and log your food... it does make a difference. I never cut out anything... still had bread, still had sweets... just less with portion control.

And this. So inspiring. Thank you and congrats x

You're welcome ~ Stay positive. Keep yourself surrounded by like minded people who will encourage and inspire you. Don't have it at home... come here.
  • cherryfreak3
    cherryfreak3 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yes please! I have about 130lbs to lose. Anyone feel free to add me.
  • SJKirk51912
    SJKirk51912 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Adding you. Several years ago I lost 65 pound, gained it back, got pregnant and then gained more. This year I am getting myself back.

Striving for 100lb weight loss. Not ready to share my starting weight yet.

Anyone else feel free to add me.
  • Thewaffle86
    Thewaffle86 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Adding you. Several years ago I lost 65 pound, gained it back, got pregnant and then gained more. This year I am getting myself back.

Striving for 100lb weight loss. Not ready to share my starting weight yet.

Anyone else feel free to add me.

I love the line "getting myself back" - it's so easy to loose yourself along the way sometimes.

Good luck :)
  • Iamsimpleguy
    Iamsimpleguy Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    All the best!! Add me!!
  • prtrcnblkn
    prtrcnblkn Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Loving this thread.... HOW DO YOU ADD PPL???? (all positive ppl.... Please add me.)I literally just reactivated my account. And am on the same boat. Was down to 235 this time last year and now 255. I plan being up at 5am to get it in (workout).
  • openskybeach
    openskybeach Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I am not sure how to add friends either. Please add me. 206 to lose. Would love supportive friends.
  • jessd0918
    jessd0918 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Just starting my journey as well, for the millionth time. I'm 5'9 and last weighed in at 307 on January 2nd. My goal weight is 160, so I have a long way to go but I'm motivated this time! I'm starting my fitness challenge at a new gym on the 7th and will be purging my kitchen this weekend and meal prepping! Feel free to add me if you want! Let's help motivate each other 😁

I can't figure out how to add people so add me!
  • lisad52
    lisad52 Posts: 1 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Don’t know how to add friends either but I have over 100 lbs to lose and would love the motivation so please add me
  • sf_melis
    sf_melis Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

Well, it's been 3 weeks since Caroline started this thread and I thought for those who are following this and reading everyone's stories it would be a good time to check in!

How are you doing? Are you logging food? Have you lost inches/pounds? Any non-scale victories? I'm definitely looking for and needing some inspiration!

Here's my update... I have started to exercise one a week with a personal trainer, but that is a slow process. My knees and hips hurt too much, so it's mostly strength training for my arms and core. Also, I haven't lost anything in these three weeks. My goals for the next three weeks arr to log my food and to get my steps in each day.

Anyone else want to check in?
  • Samantharavenclaw84
    Samantharavenclaw84 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Hi. I started in fall with a little over 100 pounds to lose. Currently 240 and would like to drop to 135-140. I have been exercising 3-5 times a week. More water and less pop. I haven't been counting calories but have started doing so today. I sent you a friend request on here. ( I'm going to send some to others on this thread as well).