Weight loss meals

Shardel5
Shardel5 Posts: 1 Member
I’m looking for some good breakfast, Lunch and Dinner recipes that will help me reach my goal of losing 15 lbs. Any suggestions?

Replies

• mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,062 Member
    kami3006 wrote: »
    Weight loss will come from a calorie deficit, not from any particular foods. The simplest way to lose 15 lbs would be to eat what you're already eating in portions that fit your calories. If you only have that many to lose then I would also recommend getting a food scale since tight logging makes the difference to get that last bit off.

Not that there's anything wrong with getting some good new recipes! There are plenty of folks here with excellent ones but it'll be a matter of staying within the right portions to meet your goal.

Best wishes!

by the way, didn't mean to imply that "cabbage soup" or any other food is a weight loss "remedy" - hence the quotes. of course, you need to go into caloric deficit. This soup has the property of making you fell full and satisfied - plus deliver essential nutrients - and I am using it as a "quick start" to chase away holiday fondue, sat fat meals, wine, beer, and other odds and ends from this last month. my ordinary cooking repertoire is a slightly-higher protein, lowered glycemic, no sugar, minimal salt, home prepped meal plan with as few labelled products as possible. And within my calorie budget. Helped me to a 30lbs loss for 2018, almost 80lbs over 3 years. Plus exercise (swimming and cycling, mostly). It takes time and patience, no magic pills or shortcuts.

And good recipes help, LOL.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    mjbnj0001 wrote: »
    Weight loss will come from a calorie deficit, not from any particular foods. The simplest way to lose 15 lbs would be to eat what you're already eating in portions that fit your calories. If you only have that many to lose then I would also recommend getting a food scale since tight logging makes the difference to get that last bit off.

Not that there's anything wrong with getting some good new recipes! There are plenty of folks here with excellent ones but it'll be a matter of staying within the right portions to meet your goal.

Best wishes!

by the way, didn't mean to imply that "cabbage soup" or any other food is a weight loss "remedy" - hence the quotes. of course, you need to go into caloric deficit. This soup has the property of making you fell full and satisfied - plus deliver essential nutrients - and I am using it as a "quick start" to chase away holiday fondue, sat fat meals, wine, beer, and other odds and ends from this last month. my ordinary cooking repertoire is a slightly-higher protein, lowered glycemic, no sugar, minimal salt, home prepped meal plan with as few labelled products as possible. And within my calorie budget. Helped me to a 30lbs loss for 2018, almost 80lbs over 3 years. Plus exercise (swimming and cycling, mostly). It takes time and patience, no magic pills or shortcuts.

And good recipes help, LOL.

FWIW, I didn't think you were saying anything other than what you've posted here. Something filling and nutritious.
  • mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,062 Member

FWIW, I didn't think you were saying anything other than what you've posted here. Something filling and nutritious.

yes, thanks. that's the trouble with text exchanges - too easy to overthink and misinterpret without all our contextual interpersonal communications tools. i've been messaging since the early 1980s and still don't always get it right, lol. best to you.
  • llmarquardt
    llmarquardt Posts: 2 Member
    I just made these two recipes this week. They were both delicious for dinner and reheated well for lunches the following day!

Mexican Quinoa stuffed Peppers
    https://www.thegardengrazer.com/2015/10/mexican-quinoa-stuffed-peppers.html?m=1

She suggests adding canned tomatoes, I added a can of Rotel, it added a little more spice. The filling would be good uncooked and on top of a salad too!

Mediterranean Spaghetti Squash
    https://blog.myfitnesspal.com/delicious-filling-400-calorie-dinner-looks-like/

It was the first recipe in the list. Very good!
  • MADgical72
    MADgical72 Posts: 81 Member
    I am going to make a hearty and low cal soup for lunched for next week. It is easy to portion and inuae a Crock-Pot lunch crock to heat it. I'll post recipe after I make it.
  • pineapple_jojo
    pineapple_jojo Posts: 440 Member
    I make thick vegetable soups/stews a lot too, really filling and not too calorific. Really helpful for a satisfying lunch
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Shardel5 wrote: »
    I’m looking for some good breakfast, Lunch and Dinner recipes that will help me reach my goal of losing 15 lbs. Any suggestions?

Protein, fiber, and fat are filling components but it's a little different combination for every one.

My most filling breakfast is Greek yogurt, berries, Kashi Go Lean cereal and a few chopped nuts (300-ish calories)

Lunch is a bowl of soup or stew (freezer leftovers). Mason jar salads are great too. For work I also pack veggies and a piece of fruit, maybe a sugar-free pudding cup as snacks.

Dinner is lean meat, a starchy side, and plenty of veggies.

A night time snack is popcorn or a dark chocolate square....whatever fits my calories.

Eat foods you like in portions that fit your calorie goals. "Plans" and "diet foods" teach you how to lose weight, they don't teach you how to maintain it.

Recipes - Cooking Light and Skinny Taste sites are both good.
  • alexmillwall
    alexmillwall Posts: 1 Member
    I make thick vegetable soups/stews a lot too, really filling and not too calorific. Really helpful for a satisfying lunch

Whats your recipe tho?
  • AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    Great ideas!!!!
  • MADgical72
    MADgical72 Posts: 81 Member
    I forgot to post my soup!

I made it from ideas I saw online. I gor cut up squash in the produce section of local supermarket. It's a 2 lb box. I made it in my electric pressure cooker, but you can do it easily on the stove or in slow cooker.

Pressure Cooker Butternut Squash Ginger Soup

Ingredients:

2 pounds butternut squash, chopped

1 large carrot, peeled and cut into chunks

2 onions, peeled and rough chopped

2 mini bell peppers, seeded and quartered

3 cups broth of choice

3 tablespoons fresh ginger (can rough chop it)

6 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed

1 can light coconut milk

2 teaspoons tumeric

1/2 teaspoons curry

Salt and pepper to taste

2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil

Pressure Cooker instructions: On Browning setting, sautee onions, garlic and ginger in the evoo. Add rest of ingredients, minus s & p. Cook for 10 mins, NPR. Blend soup in a blender until smooth, add s & p to taste.
  • erjones11
    erjones11 Posts: 422 Member
    I grill in a pan two sweet Italian turkey sausages, 8 oz mushroom, 4 oz onions. Once the sausage is to the right temp 165F I add in the grilled mushrooms and onions. Finally I add a small can of the lowers calorie tomato sauce I can find. Simmer this stuff for a long while with spices and 15 grams of Parmesan cheese and enjoy. Nice big low cal meal at about 500 calls. Remove cheese to reduce calories and it’s still good.

I have this at least once a week.
  • MarkWgetsfit
    MarkWgetsfit Posts: 12 Member
    I love making burrito bowls. Black beans, corn,(fresh or canned) shreddred chickenbreasts(best in crock pot), diced tomatoes and chilies (canned) and add a bit of low sodium taco seasoning!

No brown rice or quinoa? I reckon that would be tasty! :)