Low carb breakfast that's not eggs, yogurt, or a protein sha

Options
2»

Replies

• FaithsVegWorkout
    Options
    I haven't made socca's in a while. I might go make some now myself and put some yogurt on them! Yum!!!
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing the egg white pancake mix is cooked in a flat pan.
  • emandbri
    emandbri Posts: 45
    Options
    When I was doing low carbs and got sick of eggs I would have burgers for breakfast with no bun, I never get sick of burgers.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,659 Member
    Options
    I've been eating low carb for about 140 days and am getting sick of my egg dishes, greek yogurts, and different plays on protein shakes.

Does anyone have some other low carb breakfast ideas??

Thanks!
    Bacon and cheese on lettuce leaf. Breakfast is anything you eat in the morning to me.
  • jklmum
    jklmum Posts: 27
    Options
    Have you tried the MIM's (muffin in a minute)? They are aweseome. Basically you make them in a coffee cup or you can make them in a sandwich container so they are shaped right,
    Muffin in a Minute (MIM)

1/4 cup flax meal (8.09 total carbs, 7.6 fiber)
    1/2 tsp. baking powder (0.64 net carbs)
    1 pack splenda (0.9 carbs)
    1 tsp. cinnamon (1.84 total carbs, 1.2 fiber)
    1 large egg (0.6 net carbs)
    1 tsp. butter (0 carbs)

(Total carbs is 12.07, fiber is 8.8, NET CARBS = 3.27) (Total carbs minus fiber = net carbs)

Put the dry ingredients in a coffee mug, and stir. Add the egg and butter. Mix well. Microwave 1 minute (or more if needed -- I usually go 1 minute 30 seconds). Take out, slice, butter, and enjoy. You can slice the MIM because it's pretty large, and toast it. You can put cream cheese on it -- YUM! The cinnamon is optional. Once you move to OWL (phase 2) you will be able to add berries and/or nuts to your MIM. Enjoy!

Per serving: 243 Calories, 18g Fat, 12g protein, 223 mg cholesterol, 284 mg sodium

These are so versatile, you can add pumpkin, or different spices to give them different flavors. They are a lifesaver!
  • jklmum
    jklmum Posts: 27
    Options
    Search the forums at atkins.com, there are lots of recipes and ideas on there.
  • sanura
    sanura Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    most days I have a green smoothie. I put 1 or 2 pieces of fresh fruit and 2 cups of greens (spinach, kale, parsley or other fresh greens) in high powered blender. sometimes I add flax or hemp seeds.
  • cedarhurst2006
    cedarhurst2006 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Search the Cinnamon mug bread in this forum. It uses flaxseed meal. It takes no time at all in the microwave. I have been having that every morning and diabetic friendly too! I just recently started adding sesame seeds and blueberries.
  • cheri0627
    cheri0627 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Remember, just because it's morning doesn't mean you have to eat breakfast food, just like you don't have to eat breakfast food first thing in the morning. I had white chicken chili for breakfast earlier this week. (YUM!) Soup is also a good breakfast. (I have a bean soup with turkey sausage I like, and a chicken with wild rice.)
  • BoPeep1967
    BoPeep1967 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I make a cold cut roll up. I mostly do ham and cheese cold cut roll ups, but turkey and cheese would be good too. Sometimes I add a strip of green pepper and a little mustard.