Would it annoy you, or encourage you if....

Options
Would it annoy you, or encourage you if you had not logged in for a few days (say, 4, or 5, or more?) would it annoy you, or encourage you if one of your MFP buddies sent you an email asking how you are doing?

I ask because I act before I think. i sent an email to two of my MFP buddies, because i have noticed their absence. I thought it would be nice to let them know that someone was thinking about them. Hopefully their MFP accounts are linked to an email that they actually check, so they will be notified of the message...

So, what are your feelings? annoyed? encouraged? STALKED? other?

Replies

• ahavoc
    ahavoc Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Because of how I've experienced the community here, I'd take it as a gentle reminder and a chance to come back to the program if I've fallen off and don't think I could come back. So I'd take it as motivation and good intentions.
  • beamishcas
    beamishcas Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I go through my friends every week or so and when they have been missing for a while, I will post on their wall. (miss you, hurry back, etc. ) they don't answer my post but once in a while I will see they are back.
    Have you deleted friends that haven't logged in for more than a month even after encouraging them to come back. I haven't deleted them just hoping they will come back but they never do, so that's what I was thinking about doing. Should I or shouldn't I???
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't feel annoyed, it'd be nice to know that somebody is encouraging you to come back and/or asking how you are doing.
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't bother me I know when some of my friends aren't on I just say "I hope you are well"
  • spaingirl2011
    spaingirl2011 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I've done that for MFP friends as well. Here's the thing... you accept friends or friend people because you want them as motivators and fellow weigh loss journeyers. Unless you're writing "WTF, dude? Where the h---- are you?", you're doing exactly what MFP friends are supposed to do-- encouraging each other. If the friend doesn't like it, they can defriend you or ignore the message. I would be grateful, because it would mean that someone cares.

Just my 2 cents!
  • leynak
    leynak Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't be annoyed at all. It's nice to know someone is thinking of you. It just goes to show how supportive you are. :smile:
  • wtbf
    wtbf Posts: 57
    Options
    I'd feel encouraged! I think that's just the thing we need to keep us on track and accountable to someone other that ourselves.
  • aclark6818
    aclark6818 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    It wouldn't annoy me. That's what this community is all about.
    :flowerforyou:
  • staps065
    staps065 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I would appreciate it. although right now I'm not logging every day (Long Story) I'm still checking in and checking up and encouraging my MFP buddies.
  • JoHola
    JoHola Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I wouldnt be annoyed either, in fact I would take it as a really kind thought.

Its lovely to know you are thinking of that person and that you want to help to keep them motivated. :happy:
  • jcbernahl
    jcbernahl Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I would welcome the encouragement! Sometimes I feel I didn't do well for a day or two and wish someone would kick me in the butt to get me back on track.
  • tmcowan
    tmcowan Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I don't think anyone would take offense to it. You're just checking in and encouraging them on their journey. I may be just what they needed to let them know that someone's there on their side especially if they're having a bad day or going through something difficult.
  • FaithsVegWorkout
    Options
    I would hope people would check in on me. I have a real life friend who hasn't been logging in, and I don't think she wants to be contacted about it, so I don't. However, I choose people on here in the hopes that they feel comfortable enough to check in.
  • miabellavita
    Options
    I think it's always nice to know somebody else thinks about you and to take it a step further, cares enough to ask how you are. Sometimes we get too caught up in our own lives and forget to encourage and help others. I think it's a nice gesture! :flowerforyou:
  • Barbaramax
    Barbaramax Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    i would not be annoy,it woudls feel good that someone was thinking about me....:)
  • Strive2BLean
    Strive2BLean Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't be annoyed at all but if I didn't want to track anymore for whatever reason an e-mail from an MFP is not going to encourage me to do so, but knowing someone is thinking about me would make me feel good so I see no harm in sending a "hello".
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    with my crazy life I do tend to go missing for a few days at a time. It does not annoy me at all. I'm happy that my MFP friends think enough of me to send messages to let me know I am missed and if all is well. It encourages me to get back here and do my logging.
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    *whew* good. like i said, i DO before I THINK sometimes, and although i don't know any MFPals personally, i would hate to offend or annoy someone.

and now, a bunch of you are going to get a friend request from me! lol
  • starwhisperer
    Options
    I wouldn't be annoyed either, like everyone said, that is the whole point of using a tool like this. I work out at the gym instead of at home for the same reason. Seeing everyone else around me not quitting even when it sucks keeps me from quitting.
  • abenbynek360
    Options
    I think it's very encouraging. I was absent from this website for a few days. When i came back, I had a message waiting for me. It feels great to be thought about. And it is support! :)