Make Fitness into a Lifestyle not a hobbie

Options
Used to be a fitness fanatic and due to life’s sad events I lost the wheel and ended up in a bad place, never the less I am stronger and ready to get back on my journey and be even better than I was... need some inspiration and motivation!!! Feel free to comment or tell your stories!

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    IDK...my fitness is a hobbie. I mostly cycle for my cardio...I love it...cycling is definitely a hobbie for me, as is hiking and rock climbing. I'm personally not a big get up in the gym and do some crazy workout guy...I'd rather just go get out on the road on my bike for an hour or so.
  • youngcaseyr
    youngcaseyr Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Running is my hobby but making certain choices with regards to eating and other habits with the intent to be healthy and support my ability to run are part of my lifestyle
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    My fitness (powerlifting) is definitely my hobby. An expensive, time-consuming hobby.
  • RunsWithBees
    RunsWithBees Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    I lived a completely sedentary lifestyle until I was obese and having health issues because of it. I started with walking, then progressed to hiking. I needed to find a way to get in a high calorie burn in as little time as possible so I researched and decided on running. I hated it at first because I’d get horribly painful shin splints but after doing more research I found the running style and technique that would help me run without pain and that changed everything! I love running! I found my true passion is trail running as I love to be up in the hills and mountains. I started out exercising simply as a way to burn calories and keep up my cardiovascular health but now I run for the sake of running and those other benefits are just positive side effects as far as I’m concerned. I don’t know if that qualifies as it being a hobby, lifestyle or obsession but running is certainly my passion and something I intend to do for the rest of my life :)