How often do you step on a scale?

Options
1235»

Replies

• amiewilder
    amiewilder Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Same time every morning. Naked after I pee. I have to do it daily. If I don't I will slack off thinking I am doing better than I really am when actually I am gaining or staying the same.
  • meekerdeeker
    meekerdeeker Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I was doing daily but it's too depressing as I haven't lost anything. Going to try weekly I think! I guess it depends if you see results quickly as to what works best x
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    Twice each morning monitoring hydration level.
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning after using the bathroom with no clothing.
    I then log it on libra and text the number to a friend
  • Taz6o5
    Taz6o5 Posts: 3,441 Member
    Options
    Everyday.
  • petethegamer01
    petethegamer01 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Usually weekly for me. Because I work crazy hours days and nights my weigh in is on my first full day off when I have had a good sleep and before any food
  • lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I like to weigh myself every friday morning after using the restroom.
  • shunggie
    shunggie Posts: 1,036 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    I'm team Everyday. Often twice a day once when I first wake up and once right before I go to bed. I like to see the dramatic changes overnight. I decided today to track it on MFP to make a "real time" loss tracker. It's close enough to Jan 1 to start for the year. I'm excited in a giant nerd sort of way. I have at least another 10 months until I have any hope of hitting maintenance, I have to find things to keep it interesting.
  • ShayCarver89
    ShayCarver89 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Usually every day, but if I'm having a bad mental health moment and I think its going to destroy me, I'll skip for the day.
  • Runaroundafieldx2
    Runaroundafieldx2 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I was doing daily but it's too depressing as I haven't lost anything. Going to try weekly I think! I guess it depends if you see results quickly as to what works best x

It will come off at a rate of 1lb for every 3500 calories you are under your burn rate.

You can't rush it. Just 0.5lb a week is a whopping 2 stone off a year
  • christinecameron47
    christinecameron47 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    It might not be normal .lol.,but I weigh myself twice daily..once in morning and once at night
  • AmyC2288
    AmyC2288 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily in the morning after using the restroom and then track in libra.

This!
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning first thing after using the bathroom, wearing only underwear. When I was losing weight, I only logged my weight when it went down. Now that I’m in maintenance, I log my weight every day on Happy Scale.

Sometimes I also weigh before bed just because I think it’s neat to see how much weight normally fluctuates. I don’t log that number.
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options
    Generally twice a day. After bathroom in the morning, and then when I get home from work -- Apple Activity then averages the two. I know what I typically gain during the day from food and water weight, so adjust the evening reading accordingly. This then also allows/accommodates the idea that I usually don't "go" first thing in the morning -- many times, it's after my work coffee.
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    Options
    I was weighing myself everyday when I was at goal. It really helps me weighing everyday. I have gained the unwanted fifteen pounds that I let creep up on me over the last few years and going back to weighing myself everyday. I am not going to let a few pounds here and there add up more than where I am at now. Best wishes to all!
  • OHFlamingo
    OHFlamingo Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Every singe day, without fail! That's what works for me.
  • zupyoo
    zupyoo Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Usually like once a week, I don't wanna weigh myself too often because weight flucuate depending on water and other factors, and I usually do it in the morning.