How many calories in a Yorkshire pudding wrap

Options
I went to a festival with the family today and ended up getting a Yorkshire pudding wrap with pork, apple sauce, gravy and carrots, potato and stuffing. I have no idea how I can log this, it wasn’t overly big but had a lot to it

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    You are going to have to guess. Find an entry, log it by individual ingredients and add 20% to the calories. I have always wanted to try a Yorkshire pudding. Was is good?
  • Mrsindepenant1
    Mrsindepenant1 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    It was my first time having one, it was amazing as a wrap! And I didn’t feel gross afterwards. It’s kept me really full all day and we have been marching around the fair, went to the beach for a swim and a play and I’m still nice and full
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    It was my first time having one, it was amazing as a wrap! And I didn’t feel gross afterwards. It’s kept me really full all day and we have been marching around the fair, went to the beach for a swim and a play and I’m still nice and full

Sounds perfect. I must try one.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    Oh man, a lot? Flour, milk and eggs and cooked in some oil. I bet it was delicious though.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    Mmm love Yorkshire puddings, never had them as a wrap though.

A pub I go to does mini ones stuffed with roast beef and gravy with a blob of creamy horseradish on top as an appetizer, delicious.
    Another place does plate size ones with all the meat, veg, roast potatoes, and gravy in the middle. Tasty, but it is so huge I need a friend to share.
    I do make my own, often, and make a fruit or jam and whipped cream desert with the leftovers.

I prefer the UK flat in the middle version to the North American popover style.

@L1zardQueen, if you can make pancakes and waffles, you can make yorkies, similar recipe, just pop in the oven. Jamie Oliver has a good recipe.

BTW, no idea of the cal count of the original question.

Cheers, h.
  • wilson10102018
    wilson10102018 Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Sounds great. Give it a heft and guess the weight. Estimate at 5 calories per gram. 5 ounces? 140 grams = 700 calories.