Do you drink coffee? Why or why not?

Coffee for me is like wine for other people. I love to smell it and savor it, and even though I don’t think it’s the best thing to drink if one is low in iron and it dehydrates you, I will probably always drink it.
What about you? Do you drink it or don’t drink it for specific reasons (health, religion, don’t like it, etc.)?

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    I drink it so I don’t go to prison for killing coworkers.

I have a funny story regarding my coffee habit.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    I don't drink coffee, but that's because even the smell of it nauseates me. I do drink other beverages with caffeine (tea and diet colas).

ftlibhbogv0q.gif

Coffee breath is about as bad as morning breath.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    I drink it for the flavor and don't care whether it's caffeinated or not. It pairs well with certain foods. I do love the smell of it as well.

As for hydration, yes, that has long been debunked. It would take being off caffeine for several weeks and drinking a few cups before you would feel the dehydrating effects. Regular caffeine users don't experience this.

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    edited January 2019
    [/quote] Coffee breath is about as bad as morning breath. [/quote]

I brush and floss.

ETA: I suck at fixing quotes
  • knightreader
    knightreader Posts: 813 Member
    never had a cup. have tasted it to know i don't like it, altho i do like the smell!
  • maureenkhilde
    maureenkhilde Posts: 850 Member
    Yes I drink it, one nice cold iced brew per day.
  • nk9o
    nk9o Posts: 60 Member
    Need my 2 cups in the morning or I get withdrawals
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    I never developed a liking for or habit of coffee. Then I started limiting or avoiding caffeine about 20 years ago. I'd rather drink other things.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Love the flavor and aroma. Like a little caffeine before my workouts. Is high in antioxidants and no, it does not dehydrate you.
  • OHFlamingo
    OHFlamingo Posts: 239 Member
    edited January 2019
    My Grandson and I have the "I can't even stand the smell of coffee" gene. My Parents and Children are all coffee drinkers. The coffee-hatred gene must skip a generation!
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Yes. I enjoy it.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Coffee for me is like wine for other people. I love to smell it and savor it, and even though I don’t think it’s the best thing to drink if one is low in iron and it dehydrates you, I will probably always drink it.
    What about you? Do you drink it or don’t drink it for specific reasons (health, religion, don’t like it, etc.)?

I love it. It's that simple. I think I drink too much of it due to caffeine (am trying to convince myself to drink more herbal tea or decaf, but coffee is too easy).