In need of motivation

Options
I’m in need of some friends to help motivate me to help the achievement of loosing a significant amount of weight. I currently weigh 230 pounds and stand at 5’9”. I am looking to get down to 140 pounds, my goal weight. I need help to stay motivated throughout my lifestyle change. Snacking is probably the hardest part, I am a major foodie and food is a big part of my culture. As a Native American we always have feast days with food, I need help with learning how to portion control.

Replies

• Mary_T30
    Mary_T30 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hey girl major foodie here also 🙋 I've been where you where at. And would love to cheer you on during your journey. So i decided to go paleo because well was terrible at portion control as well paleo helped me to be more full and lose weight. It just made sense to me. Feel free too add me as a friend 🤗
  • amandah3493
    amandah3493 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    You can add me too. Just starting whole30 today then going to focus on eating paleo
  • liltortillaboy
    liltortillaboy Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I’ve added you :)
  • Mommybellaxo
    Mommybellaxo Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    You can add me 😊 we can motivate each other
  • Scareah
    Scareah Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Please add me. I'm also 230 lbs. I started on MFP over seven years ago where my weight was my highest at 250lb. I lost over 60lb the first time. After 7 years I have gained, lost, and gained again. I think I lose my motivation and just go back to my old habits. I need a support system of friends who can help cheer me on and call me out when I need it. I hope we can help motivate each other!