Lose weight for pregnancy

Options
I want this group to be a support for people thinking of trying to get pregnant this year

Replies

• chloep717
    chloep717 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I’m 25yrs old. 5ft6 & 13st.7lb, me and my husband aim this year is to try for a baby, however I don’t have a good BMI and believe we’d have a better chance when we start, if I lost some weight. I wish to lose 3stone. Just wondered if anyone else is in a similar position. This is exciting and nerve racking at the same time!
  • Running2Fit
    Running2Fit Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    We aren’t planning on trying till next year but one of my big reasons for losing weight is for when we try to get pregnant. I’ve lost 42 lbs so far and am aiming to lose another 28. Then hopefully, maintain for about a year before we start trying.
  • abbbwilson
    abbbwilson Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started losing weight for ttc back in Janury last year. Started trying for a baby last summer & stress meant that weight loss took a back seat for a while.Getting back on it now to be as healthy as can be for when it happens!
  • chloep717
    chloep717 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    We want to start trying soon but I’m not feeling comfortable in my own body and already stressing that my weight will mean it’ll be more difficult to conceive. So we’ve decided to delay ttc til the summer and give me this time, to get my health in check and be more confident, plus stress free. Can’t get more motivation for it than potentially having a baby :)
  • alicia163425
    alicia163425 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    We have been trying for 2.5 years now and found out our issue was MFI but I have been losing weight so we can do IUI with donor sperm. Having a baby is a huge motivator to me but it’s definitely not my only reason for the weight loss. Good luck!
  • me_jello
    me_jello Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Love this!! I was over weight for my first pregnancy and really want to have a better bounce back and healthier pregnancy for my second. First I was 192 and ended at 220. Now I’m 178 and would like to be 150. I’m 5’7
  • funnygrrl
    funnygrrl Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Thanks for creating this support group. I was surprised to see that there wasn't a lot on mfp for this. I'm 42, and just miscarried at 5 weeks. I am making peace with it, since we were with a fertility clinic that told us they only thing they could do for us was IVF. We moved clinics, and they put me on clomid and boom! I got a positive. Anyway, my HCGs are slowly dropping (as slow as all this snow is melting...!) and I know there is nothing i can do about it, so I am resolved to just put my body into the ultimate baby making place for when I get the green light. My biggest challenge is I find there is so much information out there... eat this, eat that. I've always heard that a balance diet is best but now I've ready low carb diet, and eat a bigger breakfast and smaller dinner... anyone else experience this? thanks!