Functionality to Share Recipes?

SML72
SML72 Posts: 1 Member
Is there a way to share recipes with friends from the app?

Replies

• kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    No, you can't share recipes but you can open your diary to your friends or the public. They can then copy your meal to their diary and adjust portions as needed. This is how my husband and I have done it for years.
  • parsonslaura
    parsonslaura Posts: 1 Member
    Hi, I'm trying to add my husband as a friend so I don't have to scan the food in twice (mine and his account) when I try and add a friend both on the app and the web, I can only add from Facebook and or email him to join, but he will need to set up a new account. I can't seem to search members. As you do the same thing Can you help?
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Hi, I'm trying to add my husband as a friend so I don't have to scan the food in twice (mine and his account) when I try and add a friend both on the app and the web, I can only add from Facebook and or email him to join, but he will need to set up a new account. I can't seem to search members. As you do the same thing Can you help?

I'm not sure I understand. You both need separate myfitnesspal accounts. Then you can send him a friend request. He'll have to accept on his account. And, you would need to set your diary to be viewed by friends. The default is private diary.

Or, you can set your diary to public and you don't have to be friends on MFP. Anyone will be able to view your diary.