Fruit that looks pretty but....

Options
I HATE when you buy some fruit that looks very pretty but when you cut into it... the taste lets you down.

I bought a watermelon - nice skin, heavy for its weight, and a nice yellow spot only to be let down with a tasteless pink sponge.

I shake my fist at you watermelon! :mad:

Replies

• mamax5
    mamax5 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Oh, I am so with you on the watermelon!!! I did the same thing a week ago!......Sometimes pineapple can be tricky as well! Anything with a thick rind on it can be kinda tricky! :mad:
  • daveytrouble
    Options
    mangos man....mangos
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    mangos man....mangos

Try champagne mangos if you can find them!
  • mimaduck83
    mimaduck83 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Oh god I hope that doesn't happen to me tonight. I bought a Canteloupe that smells amazing and feels really good...I'll have to see tonight!
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    I bought 3 and took them back. Save your receipt and get your money back The fourth on was wonderful. I live in a city that grows them and sells them outside on the side of the road they are just starting to do that now the further into to the better they are just like strawberries and cherries
  • ayshamc
    ayshamc Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    mangos man....mangos

Ohhh definitely!!! Such dissapointment when they don't taste good :sad:
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    Oh, I am so with you on the watermelon!!! I did the same thing a week ago!......Sometimes pineapple can be tricky as well! Anything with a thick rind on it can be kinda tricky! :mad:
    pineapples have to be turning yellow and at the bottom where they cut it soft
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Strawberries! I love strawberry flavour...but the real thing has soooo many seeds! Really spoils them :(
  • PowerEqualsStrengthOverTime
    Options
    I shake my fist at you watermelon! :mad:

Hahahaha!! Ahhh that's funny! Better luck next time luvbizkit!
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    i have this issue with oranges!!
  • rachel1496
    Options
    Peaches! I bought a basket from the market last week that looked amazing and smelled perfect and they were completely tasteless. It was like I bit off a hunk of cardboard.
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    melons can be tricky for sure! I always tap them with my knuckles and if they sound hollow then they are generally good.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Tasteless strawberries are THE most disappointing thing.