Accountability Group - Looking for Friends!

Options
Hi there! I'm looking to make some friends and build in some more accountability in my weight loss journey. I'm a mom of 2, 5'3", and weight about 240 lbs. I have gained a significant amount of weight in the past 3-4 years and have an ultimate goal of losing about 100 pounds. Tomorrow is my first appointment with a non-surgical weight loss program through one of the hospital systems here in town. I'll be meeting monthly with a nurse practitioner, dietitian, mental health provider, and exercise physiologist for 6 months.

Looking for friends so please add me!

Replies

• Pool_Boy
    Pool_Boy Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    You can do this!!! 1 day at a time!!!
  • coolsinger
    coolsinger Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You got this! Sent you a message!
  • sweetnic
    sweetnic Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I feel you - been a yo yo dieter all my life and now at 46 the yo-yo is slowing down and I have been putting weight on like crazy. I am now as heavy as I was when I gave birth to my third child (11 years ago). I have tried and tried on my own to lose weight, but have failed. I’ve never visited the community section on mfp or even read any of the posts in the past, but I am hoping by meeting others in the same boat as me we can overcome this challenge together!!
  • Guard_Dog
    Guard_Dog Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Been using this app for a few years and lost 30+ the first year and kept it off with minor fluctuations. I come back to it time to time to reset and check my eating habits. Had to start a new acct due to password issues do looking for new accountability partners.
  • sgisanogle1
    sgisanogle1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Pretty new to this so hopefully I'm doing this right. I'm really needing an accountability partner! Ive lost a good amount of weight after having my 2 kids but I'm beginning to see myself fall into not so great habits again. I'd love to have folks to cheer me on in "weak moments" that cause me to binge eat or make poor choices!
  • kherting2016
    kherting2016 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Ugh, does anyone else hate all of the prep work that goes into this?
  • proudmomma86
    proudmomma86 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I log in daily. About six months ago i was down to 180 but the holidays have not helped. I was up to about 245ish right before having my 4th child (2017).
  • DaniMerc72
    DaniMerc72 Posts: 188 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Hi, ADD ME! I'm 46 and have 90 pounds to lose! I am tired of riding the merry-go-round--I was motivated before to lose 35 pounds and then I got lazy and gained back 28 of them. I'm interested in getting my groove back and making this the year that I finally get it GONE! Add me--we can kick 2019's *kitten* together!
  • JeebsInToronto
    JeebsInToronto Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Also looking for accountability buddies. Been fighting this fight for a long time but fall off track easily. Dropped almost 60lbs nine years ago and been yoyoing since.

My wife and I have a 10 month old, so lots of sleepless nights this past year which involved "to hell with it" late night snacking.
  • DaniMerc72
    DaniMerc72 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    In need of serious help !!! Anyone ? :(

You're in the right place! Everyone here is super supportive and friendly! Take it one day at a time!
  • amandah3493
    amandah3493 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    You can add me! I have 2 kids and have about 75lbs to lose, just starting whole30 today
  • Mommybellaxo
    Mommybellaxo Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Ugh, does anyone else hate all of the prep work that goes into this?

Yes!

• WhatThePhok
    WhatThePhok Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I've been on my weight loss journey since August of last year but I've been feeling really low after the weight gain over the holidays. It would be great to have some friends!
  • liltortillaboy
    liltortillaboy Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Added you :)
  • kherting2016
    kherting2016 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You can add me! I have 2 kids and have about 75lbs to lose, just starting whole30 today

I’ve done Whole30 (only made it about 20 days) and it really made me feel pretty amazing! You can do it!
  • MamaGettinFitAgain
    Options
    Add me! Mom of 2 also and 5’2”. Currently 180 and 6 months postpartum. So ready to lose this weight. I’m more anxious about it now than with my 1st child. Everything is so much harder now, need accountability and motivation also!
  • TaviaLane
    TaviaLane Posts: 9 Member
    Options

I'm doing my second round of whole30! I did 26 days in August and it was pretty good. I need to get more and more veggies though lol.
    I have a 10 month old and have 50-60lbs to lose
  • chelny
    chelny Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I'd like to find some accountability friends too. I'll friend some of you. I'm 46. Had lost 60 lbs around age 30. Gained it back slowly over the years. Starting again. Logged 7 days so far.
  • saranghaesunbae
    saranghaesunbae Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have no idea how to add anyone, my first time posting on these forums. I started on November 12th, 2018..lost only 12 lbs so far. I definitely would like to lose 50 more lbs. Feel free to add.
  • sweetnic
    sweetnic Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    chelny wrote: »
    I'd like to find some accountability friends too. I'll friend some of you. I'm 46. Had lost 60 lbs around age 30. Gained it back slowly over the years. Starting again. Logged 7 days so far.

I lost 50 pounds about 10 years ago, but all the wrong way. My diet prescribed me diet pills, so I basically starved myself skinny. As soon as I stopped taking the pills the weight came right back on and I have been yoyoing ever since. I’ve finally decided I need to make some life changes, so I can use all the help and encouragement I can get! 😊