I love the elderly.

Options

Replies

• lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,964 Member
    Options
    DanniB423 wrote: »
    I meant no offense. I just loved her spunk and she surprised me.

I don't think anybody is offended. It's just some of us have a hard time resisting a good straight line. :smile:
  • Trina2040
    Trina2040 Posts: 214 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Turn on, tune in, drop out -- thanks, Timothy Leary. Those were the days.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,986 Member
    Options
    Well, that's a relief. I was afraid it might be a fetish thing.

Well, now I'm worried again, because two people found the idea of it being a fetish thing "inspiring". ??

ha ha ha.

and 2 people found me saying 'some elderly people are nice, some are not' as insightful

I didnt really need much insight to come up with that statement :D:oB)

• MissyCHF
    MissyCHF Posts: 337 Member
    Options

Many thanks, it wasn't me but your post is very much appreciated. :)
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    Trina2040 wrote: »
    I'm 69 and my mother turned 98 in October. She's eats anything and everything and weighs about 110 lbs. Everyone just loves her at the senior center where she plays bingo two days a week. Of course, they don't live with her, LOL.

PS: She's putting my sister and I into early graves chasing her around; at least she keeps us active.

PPS: My parents wouldn't let me go to Woodstock or San Francisco, but I did wear flowers in my hair.

I had no business being at Woodstock. I was 14. It was life-changing! :D

I am always so jealous of this! I was in California at the time, and just starting my "counter culture" phase. I didn't even know about Woodstock until the album came out!
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,986 Member
    Options
    mph323 wrote: »

No offense taken on my end :) I even have a funny "elderly" person story to tell:

A couple of years ago I was standing in line at Safeway chatting with an elderly gentleman behind me. When it was my turn I put my stuff on the belt and went to pay. This lovely man called out "How do you stay so slim eating all that ice cream?" as the bagger was putting my stuff away.

I didn't have any ice cream. The bagger was putting away 6 boxes of Kleenex. I managed to thank him with a straight face. He made my day :D

:D:D:D:D
  • Trina2040
    Trina2040 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Trina2040 wrote: »
    I'm 69 and my mother turned 98 in October. She's eats anything and everything and weighs about 110 lbs. Everyone just loves her at the senior center where she plays bingo two days a week. Of course, they don't live with her, LOL.

PS: She's putting my sister and I into early graves chasing her around; at least she keeps us active.

PPS: My parents wouldn't let me go to Woodstock or San Francisco, but I did wear flowers in my hair.

I had no business being at Woodstock. I was 14. It was life-changing! :D

:D:D:D:D:D I'm so mad I missed it. Hitchhiked around Europe instead in '71.
  • Numer1ca
    Numer1ca Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    My mom is 78, thus elderly.

She is being diagnosed with a rare disease like arthritis but in the muscles.

She was eating healthy and working until the week before she became ill (in a daycare).

The medication is working, so with PT I expect another 10 years of quality living our of her.

But her doc says no more gluten, eggs or dairy. So she is pissed. I’ll bet she is salty in my he grocery store now too.
  • Numer1ca
    Numer1ca Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Poor mama, it’s ok. I will cook for her
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    I kinda think I am the elderly. I guess that doesn't stop me from loving us, though. ;)

A granny with delta like yours? Heck yeah! Lol