80 lbs. lost...mission accomplished! (pics included)

Options

Replies

• jazzkat68
    jazzkat68 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Va Va Va Voom!! You look awesome!! GREAT job! :)
  • RealMeSomeday
    Options
    awesome!!! you look great! What is your secret? please say simply it was diet and exercise and a fierce determination! Inspirational!
  • LeanerBeef
    LeanerBeef Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Wow, fantastic! Great job by you!! :happy:
  • KatyFace9801
    KatyFace9801 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    That's an awesome transformation!
  • LBLW07
    LBLW07 Posts: 2
    Options
    Congratulations! You look awesome!!
  • starwhisperer
    Options
    You look amazing! It is so great to see people reach their goals, thanks for the inspiration.
  • naveej
    naveej Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    congratulations
  • shannonpatton
    shannonpatton Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!!! Great work dear!
  • damcool
    damcool Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    awesome!!! you look great! What is your secret? please say simply it was diet and exercise and a fierce determination! Inspirational!

Thanks! Actually, it was simply that. It's a whole lifestyle change...developing new healthy habits and sticking with them. I exercise 3-5 times a week and usually for only around 40 minutes (though sometimes it is as little as 30, sometimes it is an hour). My exercise consists primarily of circuit training DVDs (Jillian Michaels and Jackie Warner) and power yoga (Brian Kest and Bob Harper). I count calories, making sure I keep a healthy calorie deficit, but more than that I make sure the calories are good ones. I try and keep simple carbs to a minimum (I've never really liked bread that much but keeping away from pasta and potatoes is a little trickier!) but the key is minimum. I don't deprive myself of the things I love, I just have them more infrequently and in smaller portions than I used to, and I always work them into my calorie count. So if I want to have some dark chocolate or butter-and-salt-laden popcorn (two of my favorite treats!), I just make sure I keep my meal calories a little lighter on those days.

This whole process has been incredible. I've had my down days for sure but fortunately my husband is always there to remind me where I came from and what I had done so far. He also has helped make sure that we are eating the right kinds of foods so we try and make everything from scratch and as much as possible stay away from processed foods. But even then, if I'm craving something, I just work it into the calorie count so I don't go around trying to fight cravings all the time. I hope that helps!
  • alisonwww
    alisonwww Posts: 104
    Options
    You look so great! And so happy! good for you, dont' ever forget!!!
  • jujudot
    jujudot Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful!! Congrats! :bigsmile:
  • sheppeyescapee
    sheppeyescapee Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Looking fantastic :)
  • pavanneh
    pavanneh Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely FANTASTIC!! Congratulations.
  • asugar
    asugar Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    You look a lot happier and healthier:happy:
  • smily_001
    smily_001 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    You look AMAZING!!!! Congrats! Such a inspiration!
  • caroltina
    caroltina Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Younger !!!! Much younger!! I got 6 lb to go to my 80lb
  • karo224
    karo224 Posts: 292
    Options
    amazing results from your hard work. you look great and i know you feel great.....congrats!
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    big time congrats!!!
  • betty2329
    betty2329 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You girl should be soooo proud of yourself!! I am happy for you :) I'm just into MFP a week and I need some support.
    Can I please add you as a friend. You obviously know what your doing and I will need your expertise :)
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    beautiful!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!