Aha. This is why you take progress pics..

Options
PigHerder
PigHerder Posts: 89 Member
edited January 2019 in Success Stories
So I took pictures when I started out in October. They were pretty mortifying and gave me the kick in in the backside I needed to get control of my eating. I'm 18lbs down so far, eating an average of 1350 cals a day. I'm feeling better and my clothes all fit, and in some cases are getting too big, but I didn't think I looked particularly different. It was only when I took a new progress pic today and looked at them side by side that I realised what a difference 85 days of logging has made!

The lesson: TAKE PROGRESS PICS, PEOPLE. :)

(I'm 41 and 5ft 3. SW: 186, CW: 168, GW: 126)

df1pk0yyeswj.png

[Edited by MFP Staff]

Replies

• kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    A significant difference! Well done! I agree with picture taking. It's the only way I can see results on myself. :drinker:
  • mathdad41
    mathdad41 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Great work! Keep it up
  • 7rainbow
    7rainbow Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Wow you look great! I find it hard to reduce my calories that much, but I'm working on it! I should take some pictures as well, I didn't realize how good of an idea it was! I think that would make me feel better and give me more motivation!
  • tsbreakout
    tsbreakout Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I used to be huge at one point too. Keep up the great work!
  • lucyb120606
    lucyb120606 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    great job, you have done so well!
  • KimAdkins1
    KimAdkins1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I can’t take the pictures-makes me want to cry
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Options
    Your progress so far is wonderful! Keep going!
  • PigHerder
    PigHerder Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    KimAdkins1 wrote: »
    I can’t take the pictures-makes me want to cry

<3 I know. It's tough. But you don't need to look at them - maybe even ask someone you trust to take them for you. But they really are worth having. In 3, 6, 12 months you can take a peek and see how far you've come.
  • anl90
    anl90 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    Progress pics can be such a great thing. You are doing amazing, keep it up! <3
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    I regret not doing this. I avoided the camera so much that I can't find a reasonable before picture.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!