Zucchini Noodles

Replies

• Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    I buy them pre made... Because lazy. :laugh:
  • mcoelho5284
    mcoelho5284 Posts: 4 Member
    Lazy, or just no time? I'd do the same if I was still working, but now that I'm retired, I'm cooking more!
  • tiffanyleilarsen
    tiffanyleilarsen Posts: 43 Member
    I love my little veggie noodle maker. I love it so much that I bought my mom one for Christmas. She is so excited to get zucchini out of her garden now. She's a homesteader(which I strive to be) so she doesn't buy food from stores.
  • saresimsr36
    saresimsr36 Posts: 128 Member
    Stir fry them in butter with a bit of garlic salt or fresh garlic before adding your spaghetti sauce is amazing!
  • atjays
    atjays Posts: 798 Member
    For low carb dishes I've changed over to shitaki noodles. I tried my best with the zucchini noodles but just could never get fully on board as a pasta replacement. That and when I found out the insane amount of sugar in most all spaghetti sauces it's kind of a moot point.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    I buy them pre made... Because lazy. :laugh:

Same! That and I happen to LOVE butternut squash noodles, but from what I've read, you can only spiralize the top part. I don't want to be forever coming up with ideas for the rest; I'd rather just get the squash-noodles pre-spiralized.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    atjays wrote: »
    For low carb dishes I've changed over to shitaki noodles. I tried my best with the zucchini noodles but just could never get fully on board as a pasta replacement. That and when I found out the insane amount of sugar in most all spaghetti sauces it's kind of a moot point.

Make your own...

I usually make my own, but I keep a jarred one on hand...it has very little in the way of added sugar...most of the sugar in it is naturally occurring in the tomatoes.
  • sarak0310
    sarak0310 Posts: 19 Member
    Stir fry them in butter with a bit of garlic salt or fresh garlic before adding your spaghetti sauce is amazing!

Thank you. I just tried this!!! Adds so much more flavor.

• sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,977 Member
    Check the clearance bins/shelves at discount stores. Bought a gadget like this for $3-4 at Ross.

Seldom use it but for $4, it really doesn't matter.

• 7elizamae
    7elizamae Posts: 758 Member

It's quick and easy to make your own. :)
  • 7elizamae
    7elizamae Posts: 758 Member
    Yes yes yes to the zucchini noodles!
    I was a total naysayer -- thought I'd hate them in place of pasta. Now, do they taste like pasta? No. Of course not. But the texture is good and the flavor bland, so you can enjoy a delicious tomato sauce. Yum!
  • saresimsr36
    saresimsr36 Posts: 128 Member
    I even make stir fried *ramen* with zoodles. I sauteed onion with peppers, add my zoodles and some eggs a bit of soy sauce, cumin, garlic salt and then hot sauce, I keep sauteing until the eggs are fully cooked. It's delicious
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member

Tomatoes have sugar, but they're rich in nutrients (as well as making an incredibly delicious sauce!).
  • monicapiazza
    monicapiazza Posts: 92 Member
    Love zoodles! With a creamy mushroom sauce.. or chicken and pesto. Nom.