Banana Chips

Options
I've recently discovered a product called Seeberger Banana Chips. They are ridiculously delicious but I'm worried they may not be a good choice for a snack because I think they have alot of sugar in them. I'm not 100% sure though because the package is all in German which I cant read.

Does anybody have any info on this brand of Banana chip? Its not in the database and without being able to read it I cant enter it myself.

Replies

• springtrio
    springtrio Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Don't eat them. Bananas (I think?) have the most sugar in them of any fruit out there. If you must eat bananas, eat them raw. I wouldn't bother with dry fruit. Keep them around as an occassional snack?
  • turbogynda
    turbogynda Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I hope this can help :-). I don´t know if they are added any sugar, but banana in its self contains a lot of natural sugar.

https://www.seeberger.de/product_info.php/language/en/info/p50_Bananenchips.html
  • farmingfool
    Options
    You also want to stay away from coconut oil.
  • galvestongal
    galvestongal Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I recently learned that most brands of banana chips are also fried...not a good diet choice...
  • gel91
    gel91 Posts: 309
    Options
    Banana chips are loaded with sugar yeah, i love them but i keep them for when i've got a sweet tooth , do dont throw the bag out if you're a sweet tooth kind of person 2! :)

Btw! I ain't been shopping in a while but I'm *pretty sure* in a 150g bag of them there was 900 or so calories!

Can't be exact with that though
  • MandaLen13
    MandaLen13 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I hope this can help :-). I don´t know if they are added any sugar, but banana in its self contains a lot of natural sugar.

https://www.seeberger.de/product_info.php/language/en/info/p50_Bananenchips.html

This did help! Thank you! Guess I'll keep these as an occasional treat only!
  • MandaLen13
    Options
    Banana chips are loaded with sugar yeah, i love them but i keep them for when i've got a sweet tooth , do dont throw the bag out if you're a sweet tooth kind of person 2! :)

Btw! I ain't been shopping in a while but I'm *pretty sure* in a 150g bag of them there was 900 or so calories!

This bag has almost 800 calories for 150g. I only had about 30g though so I'm still good for today. I'll just make these an occasional treat.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    150g seems like a lot!

Like everything - portion control is the key. A few banana chips (I use them as a decoration on banana muffins - one per muffin!) are fine, but a whole bagful in one go - no.
  • GettingFitterVicki
    GettingFitterVicki Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I don't know this brand, but I give my daughter banana chips that are dipped in honey and sugar then fried to help with her weight gain as she's very underweight. I try to avoid them like the plague (especially as I'm rather partial to them dipped in nutella lol).
  • MandaLen13
    Options
    150g seems like a lot!

Like everything - portion control is the key. A few banana chips (I use them as a decoration on banana muffins - one per muffin!) are fine, but a whole bagful in one go - no.

150 g is actually a pretty small bag but loaded with calories apparently. I didnt eat the whole bag though. Only about 1/5 of it.
  • MandaLen13
    Options
    I don't know this brand, but I give my daughter banana chips that are dipped in honey and sugar then fried to help with her weight gain as she's very underweight. I try to avoid them like the plague (especially as I'm rather partial to them dipped in nutella lol).

I almost dipped them in Nutella as well...but I'm so glad I didnt! :P
  • gel91
    gel91 Posts: 309
    Options

This bag has almost 800 calories for 150g. I only had about 30g though so I'm still good for today. I'll just make these an occasional treat.

Yeah I just put a bunch in cereal when I really crave them, although dry is better! I only brought them because I assumed they'd be healthy had a right shock when I looked at cals :(