Do you drink coffee? Why or why not?

Replies

• M0n1KCR
    M0n1KCR Posts: 148 Member
    I drink milk and coffee for breakfast, and a cup of black coffee after lunch. Both caffeinated, and strong. (Spanish coffee is similar to Italian coffee, very strong, served in a tiny cup.)
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    I drink it so I don’t go to prison for killing coworkers.

I have a funny story regarding my coffee habit.

Do tell!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    Coffee for me is like wine for other people. I love to smell it and savor it, and even though I don’t think it’s the best thing to drink if one is low in iron and it dehydrates you, I will probably always drink it.
    What about you? Do you drink it or don’t drink it for specific reasons (health, religion, don’t like it, etc.)?

It doesn't dehydrate you.

I drink about 3-4 cups per day because I love it...good quality beans ground fresh every morning. It's also chalk full of antioxidants, so that's a nice bonus.
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    I drink it because it tastes good. Which is another way of saying, I only drink good coffee. For better or worse, I metabolize caffeine to quickly to reap any of the stimulant effects.

Not sure how this is a debate.
  • MsBaz2018
    MsBaz2018 Posts: 384 Member
    Yes. Because I like it.

What she said
  • Theoldguy1
    Theoldguy1 Posts: 2,427 Member
    Don't drink it. Can't stand the taste.
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    Preference for cold brew, nothing added (nice & bitter).
    Do not drink coffee regularly because I find it more convenient & accurate to just stick with caffeine tablets

Caffeine is a pretty weak diuretic to start with...adding water in combination with caffeine (coffee) really doesn't do much to result in any significant net fluid losses. Just look into some of the crazy **** MMA fighters do to dehydrate him/herself...none of which involves coffee drinking (they are into extreme/stupid methods of losing fluids rapidly).
  • Ed_Zilla
    Ed_Zilla Posts: 207 Member
    I am a coffee snob. Kenyan AA, Columbian, Sumatra - all whole bean - all freshly ground - are my favorites.

FWIW - if you must buy coffee that is prepackaged, Starbucks and Peet's are acceptable alternatives IMHO.

I will give up bourbon before I give up coffee.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    azironasun wrote: »
    What kind of coffee was served on the Titanic?

Sanka.

source: http://jokes4us.com/miscellaneousjokes/foodjokes/coffeejokes.html

No wonder it sanka.
  • WideAgain
    WideAgain Posts: 33 Member
    I NEED caffiene... Often don't get enough sleep and wake up like a bear with a sore head. I need it to get out of bed in the morning (and a few more times during the day too! :D )
  • tbright1965
    tbright1965 Posts: 852 Member
    Coffee is my pre-workout.

My youngest daughter is a coffee master for Starbucks. We visited the Reserve Roastery while in Seattle over the holidays. The two of us managed to run up a $100 tab for coffee and chocolate during our visit. Well, at least before her employee discount.

No, I don't have a problem with coffee :)

I really good cup of coffee is like a hug in a mug.
  • amyelizbeth
    amyelizbeth Posts: 58 Member
    I can't drink cofee since it gives me migraines and makes me feel sick. It's just ironic that I'm a fully trained barista and work in a coffee shop
  • powercycle
    powercycle Posts: 22 Member
    A big coffee or two every morning. Black, lightly sweetened. (Hate dairy or whitener in my coffee.)
    Add a diet cola or two in the afternoon.
    Once in a while I'll have tea.
  • KrazyKrissyy
    KrazyKrissyy Posts: 322 Member
    I have chronic constipation and hypothyroidism. I've noticed coffee helps me become more regular and also warms me up. Before coffee, I'll be very cold. Even my hands and feet will feel cold to others. Additionally, coffee helps me sleep. I used to drink it in the morning but always got sleepy afterwards so I started drinking coffee in the evening instead. I've been sleeping like a baby now lol :smiley:
  • Taz6o5
    Taz6o5 Posts: 3,441 Member
    I don't drink it because I don't like the taste of it .
  • orangegato
    orangegato Posts: 6,570 Member
    Yes I drink it b/c I like it