Today I learned

JoyceMoul
JoyceMoul Posts: 8 Member
Today I learned when I have a 102 degree fever and my husband says don't worry, he will take care of everything, that does NOT mean feeding the 3 cats or cleaning the cat boxes.

Replies

• HappilyDistracted
    HappilyDistracted Posts: 1,700 Member
    I learned that farther is for physical distance and further is for ... Nope, I forgot.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    I learned that farther is for physical distance and further is for ... Nope, I forgot.

Further is used for a figurative description.

Farther for a definitive distance.

I'm here to serve.....

Figuratively
  • Cowsfan1
    Cowsfan1 Posts: 7,937 Member
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    JoyceMoul wrote: »
    Today I learned when I have a 102 degree fever and my husband says don't worry, he will take care of everything, that does NOT mean feeding the 3 cats or cleaning the cat boxes.

I dunno, I gotta side with the old man on this one.

feeding and cleaning up after cats does not technically fall under the heading of: Everything

that being said, let's hope you feel better...... and that your cats are completely onboard with the IF craze.
  • BreenaBean5
    BreenaBean5 Posts: 85 Member
    Today I learned the gym is my saving grace. When all else fails, I have her. She’s my rock 🤘🏿🤘🏿
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    g31xsyt3q69y.png

This made me laugh...it sounds so hoser, 'snew'!
  • newmeadow
    newmeadow Posts: 1,295 Member
    Today I learned that no matter how likeable and personable a co-worker is, if that co-worker is habitually late, he or she is just a pain in the kitten. Period.
  • Vikka_V
    newmeadow wrote: »
    Tod ay I learned that no matter how likeable and personable a co-worker is, if that co-worker is habitually late, he or she is just a pain in the kitten. Period.

Yes!! I have one of those and she signs in 'on time' and is always 10-60 minutes late
    ...and everyone adores her (I do too), but the talk around the office if certain other people are late is bytchy...for her, nothing, and that bugs me.
    I wonder what they say about me.
  • newmeadow
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    Tod ay I learned that no matter how likeable and personable a co-worker is, if that co-worker is habitually late, he or she is just a pain in the kitten. Period.

Yes!! I have one of those and she signs in 'on time' and is always 10-60 minutes late
    ...and everyone adores her (I do too), but the talk around the office if certain other people are late is bytchy...for her, nothing, and that bugs me.

I'm just getting home now because of that kitten. Nice person though. Sigh. I dunno. I'm punctual. If I'm even going to be 10 minutes late I call a half hour ahead of time and apologize profusely. Lateness embarrasses me.

• newmeadow
    g31xsyt3q69y.png

One of the most beautiful pics of a snow scene I've ever seen.

• Vikka_V
    Vikka_V wrote: »

I'm just getting home now because of that kitten. Nice person though. Sigh. I dunno. I'm punctual. If I'm even going to be 10 minutes late I call a half hour ahead of time and apologize profusely. Lateness embarrasses me.

Same. I resent it because if I'm 1 minute late I feel bad (and judged) but I have a few co-workers who sign in for the time they were supposed to be there, but are often late, (one in particular always is and not a minute or 2, like 10-60), it bothers me.
    Boss loves them tho, they can do no wrong it seems.
  • KrazyKrissyy
    KrazyKrissyy Posts: 322 Member
    Sugar gives you diarrhea. 😬 Maybe this is one of the many reasons that so many people these days try to avoid it. 🤔
  • CaptainFantastic01
    CaptainFantastic01 Posts: 9,557 Member
    Today I learned that a two year old girl can miss the potty
  • yukfoo
    yukfoo Posts: 871 Member
    TIL
    giraffes have the highest blood pressure of any animal (280/180 mm Hg), which is twice that found in humans.
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,833 Member
    Today I learned that after not working out as much as I used to, it now takes two days to feel the buuurn!! 🔥
    Dayum... Everything hurts! 😩
  • mommabear4315
    mommabear4315 Posts: 3,424 Member
    Should I turn left or right ...
  • yukfoo
    Yes
  • yukfoo
    TIL
    Donald J Trump impeached.
  • mommabear4315
    mommabear4315 Posts: 3,424 Member
    TIL that you can over do it with Christmas decorations lmao
  • kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member
    edited December 2019
    It wasn't today but recently I learned that it's called Cliff's Notes and not Cliff Notes. Did you know this? Shows you how much I read growing up.