Working Hard...90 Pounds To Go...Need Friends

Options
I'm a serial starter who seldom finishes. However, a smack upside the head does the mind and body good. At Thanksgiving I realized how unhealthy I am when my son captured some candids of me and I really saw how big I've gotten. Since then I've lost 10 pounds and have 90 to go.

Until recently I have been skimming the surface, making minimal changes and lost 10 pounds in a month. That being said, the more I open my eyes to how out of shape and unhealthy I am, the more I am changing. For example...last night I couldn't even dance the entire macarena because I got worn out. I was humiliated and frustrated. No more.

I'm making small, gradual changes over time and will lose these next 90 pounds by July 1st of 2020. I'm not in a rush and going to do this right. If you're in the same boat, please send me a request so we can help each other out.

Thanks!

Replies

• ee2368
    ee2368 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Just added you!
  • tbduarte1
    tbduarte1 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    10 pounds in a month is great. Don't get in a hurry just keep moving forward. 10 pounds turns to 20 then 30. You got this. I added you so we can cheer each other on.
  • goalsz5
    goalsz5 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I need workout and motivating friends.. How do you add people?
  • Overcomer2019
    Overcomer2019 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    goalsz5 wrote: »
    I need workout and motivating friends.. How do you add people?

I sent you a friend request
  • sprinkle_of_sunshine
    Options
    Just sent you a request. :)

• Xenetha
    Xenetha Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm trying to be accountable too. We can do it :)
  • CoachJVO
    CoachJVO Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Looking for motivation to continue my journey. Currently at 268, and would like to get to 225. Would like to gain a few friends in the process.
  • laumom2
    laumom2 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I’m also in need of motivating & accountability friends. Not sure how to add.
  • BMsJourney
    BMsJourney Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Added you (and anyone can add me too)! Small changes over time are a given success - much more so than changing your entire world at a time..
    It sounds like you are setting yourself up to win, keep the direction, and you'll soon be dancing all night :)
  • Jollyfulv
    Jollyfulv Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just sent you a friend request, like you, I'm not in a rush to become healthier.
  • CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Will send a friend request. I've lost 38 lbs in 3 months and I've still got 100 lbs to go.
  • Mominajourney
    Mominajourney Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I have 75 lbs total to lose, but I've never even hit 25. I just joined beachbody on demand in the hopes that i can get active so if you or anyone on the thread wants to add me i'd love to encourage one another
  • Mominajourney
    Mominajourney Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Will send a friend request. I've lost 38 lbs in 3 months and I've still got 100 lbs to go.

that loss is amazing! what are you doing that is getting you such great results
  • CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    Options

that loss is amazing! what are you doing that is getting you such great results

I track everything I eat in MFP. I have a digital food scale and weigh a lot of my foods. I was shocked at how much things like apples and pears weigh. At the advice of my weight loss physician I keep my calories at 1350 per day maximum. She also recommended a low carb/high protein regimen, which I have been following. I'm not saying everyone has to do it, but I eliminated all junk food out of my diet....I was an addicted to Dr. Pepper, buttered popcorn and candy. I am slowly building up my exercise routine. Originally I was losing about 3 lbs per week but I'm down to about 2 lbs per week now, which is normal.

Just sent you a friend request too.
  • anl90
    anl90 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you'd like - always happy to make new friends! :)
  • daklock
    daklock Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    A 10 pound start is great. I too have been on this journey a long time, but lose a few pounds and then put them back on. After christmas +7 pounds. I know tracking food can work. I'm hoping that by adding friends this time, I will stay more on track. Looking for encouragement and hoping to support others too. Thanks.
  • loriatta1964
    loriatta1964 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am new to fitness pal and have 120 lbs to lose. I don’t know how to add you as a friend but would love to encourage each other. My name is Lori. If you will add me or tell me how to add you that would be awesome.