Chipotle

Options
So... i've been eating relatively clean for the past week so i decided to treat myself to chipotle today! (which is still relatively clean right??) well turns out the burrito i ate is worth more than half of my day's calories and sodium. I ate a light breakfast and I plan to eat a light dinner. so i should still come in pretty good.

but my question is ... is it bad to eat a big chunk of your calories at one time?

Replies

• taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    but my question is ... is it bad to eat a big chunk of your calories at one time?

Nope! You're good. :)
  • tiareed
    tiareed Posts: 10
    Options
    The last I heard from a dietician on the news or something, was that it didn't matter if you took all your calories in at once or spread them throughout the day; as long as you took in what you were supposed too. I have done a bulk of my calories at once, but it seems that I am super hungry later and that leads to overeating. SO, I suppose it depends on the person....
  • misscfe
    misscfe Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    When I eat at Chipotle I have started getting the burrito bowl to save calories on the tortilla. I also only eat half and save the rest for the next day. Even though I use to eat the whole thing it always made me feel so stuffed, so eating half really is the perfect amount. Sometimes I will get the kids size chips too.
  • lulu1015
    lulu1015 Posts: 10
    Options
    A "low cal" option that I've done at chipotle is the tacos-- have them split one scoop meat up between 3 tacos, and have them split it for the other toppings... At least with the tacos your not filling it with rice, so it makes it a little healthier.
  • CronoCX
    CronoCX Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Actually not at all! It's ok last I heard! Chipotle actually uses fresh veggies in their food. I ate like that a couple times and tiareed is right. You might get a little hungry later on. If you have enough cals to eat 2 light meals do it you'll be fine!
  • diiiimond
    diiiimond Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!
  • ssdivot
    ssdivot Posts: 193
    Options
    I think you're fine!

I eat at Chipotle fairly often when traveling and I always get a burrito bol with rice, black beans, chicken, and tomato salsa. Oh and I usually ask for some fajita vegetables as well. According to their nutrition calculator this is 510 calories and good protein and fiber. It is high in sodium though :(. I'm always a bit skeptical as to whether their scoops of rice and beans might be bigger than whatever the standard is, but oh well. Before I was dieting I would get the corn and cheese on there as well and and chips..Oh boy those chips are bad, I believe they have 500 calories themselves.