Getting out of debt update

moonflower09
moonflower09 Posts: 91 Member
Thanks to everyone who recommended Dave Ramseys Total Money Makeover. Its a great site and I am receiving great support there. Its not as "fun" as this site. It feels more like work, but I have a feeling it will be a lot more fun as I start progressing. :smile:

Replies

• My husband and I did the Dave Ramsey Financial Peace class at a local church and it helped us so much! If you follow the system and discipline yourself to stick to a budget (I struggle with this sometimes :) then it will be a huge help for you! I love Dave Ramsey. I just started reading his Total Money Makeover for the 2nd time! LOL! On a side note: Good luck with your weight loss journey! I'm right there with you!
  • iamahealthychick
    iamahealthychick Posts: 207 Member
    You could try the 'women in red racers'. I joined them in Jan '10 and paid off $28 343.05 in less than a year. The are on proboards now Great support and positive people. You could also look at Gail Vazoxlade's website and books (debt free forever is excellent!) it is an amazing feeling to watch the debt numbers go down and the savings numbers go up! We have saved/planned spent almost the amount of our debt last year in 8 months.