piggy sunday

Options
I'm not a serial dieter, this is my first diet. I have found that I have some controversial ideas about dieting haha which I'm not sure are right or eh less right. I partake in piggy sunday. I love food. I would marry food if I could that's how much I love food. So for me 6 days I do pretty well, eat healthy cut out junk, then on Sundays I pig. I don't mean that I'm eatings 5000 calories hehe just that instead of granola Ill have french toast for breakfast or I'll sit down with cookies Or there'll be a few 'quick add calories' in my diary on a sunday hehehe Sundays I eat when I'm hungry and I bend the rules a bit. I don't over do it though. I haven't yet gone over 1900 kcal. I just think it's better, for me, to have one day a week to pig. What do you think?

Replies

• lotustat
    Options
    I agree. As long as you keep track and don't go super crazy or get sick. a one day rule bender is fine. Great job and :smile: keep it up.
  • DiamondRubyMom
    DiamondRubyMom Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I think it's okay to relax one day a week. Personally, it seems to help me lose weight. If i'm good too much the scale doesn't budge. I think it prevents your body from going into starvation mode. I would try not to let your net calories get too high and cancel out the good you did the rest of the week.
  • nadiaez
    nadiaez Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I don't think it can do too much harm as long as you don't go overboard....I still eat what I fancy but just keep an eye on the calories and fat...plus you don't want to be obsessing over what you can't have making yourself more likely to have a serious binge!
  • fortysixpounds
    fortysixpounds Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    yay I'm not alone in my thinking. I just think I have better sticking power when I'm not super stringent. Having said that I find I don't crave the sugar I used to before I started dieting :) so it never gets over 1900kcal on a piggy day If I never let myself have anything I think I'd start binge eating hahaha tomoros monday back to raison snacks :) I'm not complaining though, I like raisons
  • nellymonkey
    Options
    one of my friends on here told me the other day that you are meant to have a treat day once a week not only does it keep the cravings away but its also to do with your bodys metabolism apparently it keeps it on its toes i didnt know this till she told me as i was feeling bad that i had a huge sunday roast followed by a humongus piece of double chocolate gateau the funny thing was i actually lost a pound that week and the first 2 weeks i was really good and didnt loose a thing so there must be something in it that helps so now i enjoy my sundays and dont worry about it too much as long as you are doing a burn a day the good thing about fitness pal is you dont have to exclude any foods just keep to your calorie count :) much luck for your journey from a fellow food lover x
  • JEANMARIE66
    Options
    I HAVE A DAY I BEND THE RULES AS WELL I PICK IT FOR FRIDAY SATERDAY OR SUNDAY DEPENDING ON WHAT MY HUBBY WANTS TO EAT ON ONE OF THE THREE DAYS OR NIGHTS I HAD MY PIGGY DAY LAST NIGHT WE HAD BACON CHEESE BURGERS AND SEASONED FRIES AND OMG IT WAS SOOO GOOD TONIGHT HE WANTED PASTA WITH MEAT SAUCE AND SAUAGE AND FOR ME WELL IM NOT A FAN OF THAT SO I AM GOING TO HAVE MY SALAD WITH CHICKEN IN IT TODAY MARKS MY SECOND WEEK OF BEING ON A DIET AND USING MFP I AM DOWN 7 POUNDS SO HAVING A PIGGY DAY IS A GOOD WAY TO BRAKE IT ALL UP EVERY WEEK SO KEEP LETTING YOUR SELF HAVE YOUR ONE DAY AND KEEP UP THE GOOD JOB