How often do you eat sweets?

Options

Replies

• amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    I don't have a set number of times. Sometimes I have sweets several times a day, other times I go weeks without. If I want it and it's worth the calories, I'll eat it, if other foods win the "worth it" battle, I won't eat it.

ETA:
    Just wanted to share an experiment I did. I set up a random reminder to go off randomly 3 times a week, and for the reminder message, I had random sweets and snacky things I like listed as "reminder message" so the reminder would choose one every time it goes off. It was fun and exciting for a while not knowing when or what I will be eating for a snack. When the novelty wore off, I didn't like having to wait for whatever I wanted. I would do this again in the future for another run of random snacks when I'm in the mood for it again.
  • zeejane03
    zeejane03 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    I'm not a sweets person but I am big on salty/savory, so I set aside enough calories every day for one serving of something along those lines (lately it's been 140 calorie servings of Wheat Thin crackers).
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Every day. Usually chocolate or ice cream. I save 200-300 calories for dessert before bed and I look forward to it every day!
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    I had two snickers minis this morning. Trying to cut down a bit on my portion. I think I ate half my calories in candy yesterday, lol. Been having some cravings, stayed under maintenance but I want to start making progress again.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Fiber One bar (I have the brownie currently) and one piece of Dove dark chocolate caramel with sea salt.
    Everyday, the last thing I eat.
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    Options
    every day. usually 2x a day.
  • breefoshee
    breefoshee Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Everyday I have about 300 calories allotted to sweets. I was buying the snack-sized candy but I noticed that I kept saying "what's another 80 calories?" and going over. So I bought full-sized candy, because I can't rationalize "What's another 210 calories?" so easily. But I still have 1 a day.
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Every day. Sometimes twice a day. I log it and make sure I am hitting my calories. If I can't hit my calories with it, I don't eat it and that is a very sad day for me :(
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    Pretty much every day, even if it's only some graham crackers with a cup of tea.
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    Almost daily. Might be a donut, or a cookie, or ice cream (especially ice cream), glass of wine... I just count it and make sure it fits in my day. And if It wont fit, and I want it bad enough I still have it, and re-sdjust my calorie goals for the next few days to make "room" for it.
  • placeboBL
    placeboBL Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Basically every day. I just make a healthier version of what I’m craving and weigh it/log it appropriately.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    @Ducks47 - are you seeing a trend here? ;)
  • kbushe3221
    kbushe3221 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Every damn day
  • ShopGirl9999
    ShopGirl9999 Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Everyday..small portion.
  • Liana_Ish
    Liana_Ish Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Daily. @shaf238
  • nk9o
    nk9o Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Not much and do not have any in the house. For my birthday had a cookie and cheese cake. Yum Yum
  • twdlove89
    twdlove89 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I could eat sweet foods for breakfast, lunch and tea. My sweet tooth is crazy!!
    I’ve found light hot chocolates help, healthy icecream and my new find on amazon is pb2 😍😍 love it in porridge or with some slices of apple. I’ve been meaning to try baking some apple slices with nutmeg and having it with either low fat custard or icecream 😊 I do try to put some calories aside everyday or if I’m good for a whole week and only let myself have light hot chocolates and I have enough calories left over I like to buy a luxury dessert as a treat
  • Christilynn78
    Christilynn78 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Usually every day, but I’m trying to not have any unless it’s dark chocolate in my trailmix I made. 😁
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Dessert of choice 7:00 p.m. every day, part of my 'eating day' I look forward to. And squeeze in a little candy too (self professed candy lover), I do log it all.
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    Every day, usually in the evening. Just now I had a cup of hot tea with 2 squares of dark chocolate. Sometimes I’ll have a Yasso frozen yogurt bar, or some ice cream.