How often do you eat sweets?

Options

Replies

• laurenq1991
    laurenq1991 Posts: 384 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    It depends. Sometimes I don't have any for a week or two at a time. Sometimes I only have something small every day like dark chocolate or a biscotti. And sometimes I binge and have a muffin or donut or something like that every day. I've found that the more refined sugar I eat, the more I want to eat, so it goes from eating a reasonable amount to a binge. For that reason and because I feel better without it, I'm currently trying to cut it out entirely yet again. It's been four days so far and I'm hoping that after a month or so, refined sugar will no longer appeal to me, which is what people say happens. I will probably still have desserts on special occasions but not as an everyday thing. And for everyday I want to make some healthier desserts from fruits and so on, like raw vegan brownies.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    pretty much every day....

i bake all the time but dont typically eat much of it. the husband and the boy eat it, and he takes what they wont eat to work. my neighbors get some sometimes, my friends.

people like being my friend. im a REALLY good baker LOL

Ya, I love to bake, and also give a lot of it away.

Saturday, I made Cook’s Illustrated: Chai-Spice Sugar Cookies for the first time. I love chai, and these were AMAZING! I doubled the cardamom.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Fiber One bar (I have the brownie currently) and one piece of Dove dark chocolate caramel with sea salt.
    Everyday, the last thing I eat.

The best thing about fiber one bars is that I am never tempted to have an extra one, knowing what the consequences will be. If only I could apply that logic to less tangible consequences!
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    Options
    Daily.
  • sbelletti
    sbelletti Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I have sugar free hazelnut syrup in my morning coffee. Other than the occasional piece of fruit or a special occasion, I do better if I don't have "sweets." I find that cutting it completely has curbed my cravings and I don't miss it/think about it. And now, stuff seems REALLY sweet so I don't eat nearly as much as I used to. I think I'm a very "all or nothing" person and can't just have one or two candies. I'll eat the entire bag. So I just don't buy it. It's what works for me, but it's probably not for everybody!
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    pretty much every day....

i bake all the time but dont typically eat much of it. the husband and the boy eat it, and he takes what they wont eat to work. my neighbors get some sometimes, my friends.

people like being my friend. im a REALLY good baker LOL

Ya, I love to bake, and also give a lot of it away.

Saturday, I made Cook’s Illustrated: Chai-Spice Sugar Cookies for the first time. I love chai, and these were AMAZING! I doubled the cardamom.

Cardamom is the best. Especially cardamom ice cream, which I've made at home and will get at a restaurant if it's an option.

I've done the ice cream in a totally non-sweet version, but it still had as many calories, so not a regular thing.
  • shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    Options
    Liana_Ish wrote: »
    Daily. @shaf238
    I confirm this is true.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    try2again wrote: »
    kimny72 wrote: »

And sometimes (usually) I have a strawberry Toaster Strudel with my coffee on Sunday morning :astonished:

They still make those? I haven't had one since I was a teenager! (and that's been... a while ;) )

yes they do, I have a box in my freezer to prove it. I love those things
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    every day.
  • missllaauurraa
    missllaauurraa Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Sweets are my kryptonite :#
  • Ducks47
    Ducks47 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    @Ducks47 - are you seeing a trend here? ;)

I am!

• stricklee11
    stricklee11 Posts: 218 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    I eat sweets like Nutrigrain bars almost daily. I find that around the start of my menses, I crave chocolate and tend to binge on junk food. My weaknesses are swiss rolls, snickers and kit-kat bars.
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    I eat sugarless candy which is not calorie free but I don't tend to binge on it. Having said that I eat sweets daily. I like Ross sugarless mint chocolate and eat a square every night before bed. I look forward to it every day.
  • jseams1234
    jseams1234 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Very rarely. Once a month maybe - I have no sweet tooth. I like sour/salty/savory treats. My wife loves to bake and we end up giving it mostly away.... except for her peanut-butter cookies. I can eat all of those. ;)
  • txmommyofboys_
    txmommyofboys_ Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Every single day,
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    And sometimes (usually) I have a strawberry Toaster Strudel with my coffee on Sunday morning :astonished:

Way to go, @kimny72 ! Once you put them on my radar, I noticed them at the store and now the kids and I are hooked. :# Just what we needed... another treat option that we like :p
  • kbmnurse1
    kbmnurse1 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I eat sweets whenever I want. I just make sure it is a portion size.
  • Tankiscool
    Tankiscool Posts: 11,105 Member
    Options
    From time to time but rarely, not because I think sweets are bad I am just a savory person more than sweet. Like I'd rather eat beef jerky over a cinnamon roll.