How many calories in this?

Options
hnic76
hnic76 Posts: 22 Member
Is anyone sure of how many calories in JUST the patty of a Jimmy Dean English Muffin - Turkey Sausage, Egg White & Cheese Sandwhich... I’ve been trying to figure it out on google for about 15 minutes now but nothing shows a calorie breakdown of the sandwhich. TIA

Replies

• lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Well, I would assume that you would just need to look up the Jimmy Dean's Frozen Turkey Sausage Patties

According to that site, 1 patty should only be 50 calories.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    Holy *kitten*, those things I tiny. Had no idea. Also, I did not search since the OP apparently searched far and wide lol

I know right? I get the slab of sausage that you cut yourself because I've never found a pre-portioned sausage patty that wasn't pathetically tiny when I cooked it.
  • hnic76
    hnic76 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    hnic76 wrote: »
    Is anyone sure of how many calories in JUST the patty of a Jimmy Dean English Muffin - Turkey Sausage, Egg White & Cheese Sandwhich... I’ve been trying to figure it out on google for about 15 minutes now but nothing shows a calorie breakdown of the sandwhich. TIA

various things did come up when looking for how many calories but nothing really gave an exact answer of what the exact calories were. And i wasn’t sure if the jimmy dean sausage patties sold on their own were the same used on the breakfast sandwiches. It’s not too big of a deal but I take the patty off so i was just finding out so i can deduct those calories from my meal
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    There is a relatively easy way to find out, and that's by subtraction. It's easier to subtract a single ingredient than it is to add together several. When you take off the English muffin, weigh it. Most English muffins and breads are about 2.4 calories per gram. Subtract that from the total calories to get the calories for what's inside the muffin. If you're worried it may have absorbed moisture and got heavier, is it a typical size muffin? If it is, most English muffins are about 55-60 grams each.