Stubborn belly fat

Options
Hi! I’m 38 and active as far as walking, surfing and doing ab workouts frequently. Was wondering the best way to lose my stubborn belly fat. I eat healthy too but I do drink.

Replies

• apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    You can’t spot reduce fat. You can lose weight, but you can’t control where your body takes the fat from.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    you can not spot reduce or pick where fat comes off of.

trust me, if there was a way, my rear end would be much smaller LOL

eat at a deficit. the fat comes off where it wants to. even my skinny fingers that dont need to lose any more weight.

stupid fingers.

;)
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    darinr80 wrote: »
    Hi! I’m 38 and active as far as walking, surfing and doing ab workouts frequently. Was wondering the best way to lose my stubborn belly fat. I eat healthy too but I do drink.

You can't spot reduce, you just need to set yourself to a small deficit and log accurately and consistently, as you don't have much wiggle room for that last little bit. The fat will come off where it wants to, but many find the belly is the last place to go! This thread might be useful:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1161603/so-you-want-a-nice-stomach/p1
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    Options
    Not only can you not spot reduce, there seems to be a tendency for abdominal fat to be some of the last to go. I am basing this on one of the more common posts in the exercise sub forum - people trying to get visible abs. A lot of people who respond say they didn't see them until they got in the 15% or less body fat range. I have no real science to reference for this; it is just a trend I have observed in those threads. It's true for me; I am just barely in that range and they just barely show. It doesn't mean it will be that way for you.