Palm nerve/tendon injury, help!!

Options
Hello guys !!!
God bless this forum and people using it !
Recently noticed that a small discomfort become a huge pain when I'm training .

Basically i noticed this discomfort on my right hand when I started to do chest/triceps dip .

If you ever hit your elbow and feel that electric shock that's really annoying and painful this is what I feel on my hand .

My grip is so weak and whenever I do any exercise I feel that pain , any idea what it is ??

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Are you still doing chest/triceps dips? If you don't do them, does the pain go away?
  • gratiansin
    gratiansin Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    Are you still doing chest/triceps dips? If you don't do them, does the pain go away?

Hello, now i do feel the pain at any exercise that requires to lift weight no matter chest shoulders etc.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Did you do something that caused direct trauma to it or is its something chronic like from over use?

It could be lots of things... tendonitis, nerve entrapment, stress fracture, even developing arthritis and so on. Always best to see your doc or get an appointment with an ortho.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    gratiansin wrote: »

Hello, now i do feel the pain at any exercise that requires to lift weight no matter chest shoulders etc.

I would agree with RoxieDawn, then. See a doctor about it. If it wasn't ongoing no matter what, I'd say check your grip. But since it has become an ongoing issue, better to get it checked out.
  • gratiansin
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    Did you do something that caused direct trauma to it or is its something chronic like from over use?

It could be lots of things... tendonitis, nerve entrapment, stress fracture, even developing arthritis and so on. Always best to see your doc or get an appointment with an ortho.

Hello thank you for answer!
    The pain comes only when I have to grip and push heavy weight . Except when I'm on my training session I don't feel any disturbance . So at home I'm fine I can move my hand properly.
  • gratiansin
    Options
    gratiansin wrote: »

I would agree with RoxieDawn, then. See a doctor about it. If it wasn't ongoing no matter what, I'd say check your grip. But since it has become an ongoing issue, better to get it checked out.

Thank you ! I'll check my medic asap, hopefully a private doc.
    Uk docs gives paracetamol for any issue haha.