Apple Watch problems

Anyone else having trouble with syncing workouts from Apple Watch to MFP?

Replies

• BailTuck
    BailTuck Posts: 25 Member
    Yes. I can't get it to sync at all.
  • alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    BailTuck wrote: »
    Yes. I can't get it to sync at all.

Ok hopefully they are aware
  • fagancc
    fagancc Posts: 2 Member
    Any word on this? I can't get mine to sync either. Its really annoying.
  • alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    fagancc wrote: »

Yep, i just logged out and back in. just in time for the fitness class i am teaching tonight!
  • Grnhouse
    Grnhouse Posts: 254 Member
    I would like to know too.
  • Leighah169
    Leighah169 Posts: 6 Member
    Same problem
  • GrahamUK72
    GrahamUK72 Posts: 255 Member
    Having the same issue, logged a ticket with MFP which was automatically set to resolved. I'd be annoyed if I paid for the premium service, thankfully, I don't and I copy and edit my previous synced runs.
  • GrahamUK72
    Has this been resolved for anyone yet?

Thx
  • KarissaAndrea
    KarissaAndrea Posts: 5 Member
    Mine will read the steps, but not the workouts. I have to input those manually. It’s pretty annoying.
  • GrahamUK72
    Mine will read the steps, but not the workouts. I have to input those manually. It’s pretty annoying.

Same issue. Good old MFP, always buggering up something :)
  • bioreplika
    bioreplika Posts: 136 Member
    Hey guys
    Go to the health app on your phone and allow all access to MFP that will let you record all your exercises:)
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited January 2019
    bioreplika wrote: »
    Hey guys
    Go to the health app on your phone and allow all access to MFP that will let you record all your exercises:)

Everything is allowed on mine and it still isn’t working right.
    Apparently MFP is only requesting steps and walking + running distance for me. That means the exercises aren’t getting pulled over and I have no clue how they’re coming up with the calories.

Example:

I’m set to Lightly Active.
    MFP estimates I burn 1891.

Yesterday I tracked:
    29,139 steps
    Pilates and Strength training
    Total calorie burn 3061 according to Apple Watch

Adjustment on MFP 263. No exercise synced over.
    I have no clue where MFP is coming up with 263 calories and why it is adding exactly that many regardless of activity level setting. I emailed them about it and just got told it was a comparison of what MFP thought I would burn and what Apple Watch tracked, but clearly that is not what’s happening.
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Hey guys

Apparently MFP is only requesting steps and walking + running distance for me. That means the exercises aren’t getting pulled over and I have no clue how they’re coming up with the calories.

Example:

I’m set to Lightly Active.
    MFP estimates I burn 1891.

Yesterday I tracked:
    29,139 steps
    Pilates and Strength training
    Total calorie burn 3061 according to Apple Watch

Adjustment on MFP 263. No exercise synced over.
    I have no clue where MFP is coming up with 263 calories and why it is adding exactly that many regardless of activity level setting. I emailed them about it and just got told it was a comparison of what MFP thought I would burn and what Apple Watch tracked, but clearly that is not what’s happening.

I ended up downloading the Pacer app and then syncing it to MFP for accurate data. Pacer pulls the Active calories from the watch/health app, calculates an adjustment and sends to data to MFP. Mine hasn’t always synced automatically but I’m hoping having a new phone helps with that.

~Lyssa
  • karahm78
    karahm78 Posts: 505 Member
    This has been a problem for a long time.... I’m a former Premium member that is now using another paid app for my logging for this reason. I enjoy the forums and friends here so I still visit MFP daily. It doesn’t seem that any focus is being paid to the sync issues with Apple Watch.
  • StrongAndHealthyMommy
    StrongAndHealthyMommy Posts: 1,255 Member
    Same issue
  • janeg66
    janeg66 Posts: 1 Member
    alexmose wrote: »

Yep, i just logged out and back in. just in time for the fitness class i am teaching tonight!
    alexmose wrote: »

Hi. Did this work? Did your workout log across from your Apple Watch to mfp?
    Thanks
  • iSneakers
    iSneakers Posts: 90 Member
    Hey guys

Not sure why you aren’t seeing the option for MFP to read workouts. I have it enabled on mine and it works fine.

hkn39er1czej.png
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    iSneakers wrote: »
    Hey guys

Not sure why you aren’t seeing the option for MFP to read workouts. I have it enabled on mine and it works fine.

hkn39er1czej.png

@iSneakers

This is all I get

j1amh13i6bau.png
  • iSneakers
    iSneakers Posts: 90 Member
    iSneakers wrote: »
    Hey guys

hkn39er1czej.png

@iSneakers

This is all I get

j1amh13i6bau.png

Go to settings - “apps & devices” in the MFP app and select “health app”. Then you will see more permissions to enable. Workouts will be there.

schc3klbwn9g.png
  • Vicki66C
    Vicki66C Posts: 37 Member
    Mine was working for about 6 weeks and no longer is syncing. I have not changed my settings and workouts are selected as allowed. This is quite annoying