Keto and good fats

Options
How do i add good fats without adding carbs? I am at 20 carbs and only 94 fats...i need 120ish.

Thanx!

Replies

• KETO12CROSSFIT
    KETO12CROSSFIT Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Eggs
    0 carb
    18g protein
    15g fat
  • mechellecranford
    mechellecranford Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    You’re going to go over your carbs a little bit with anything. You can make fatbombs, or whip some cream with some swerve confectioners and put it on your coffee, or a few berries.

Yeah, I made a bullet proof coffee creamer with heavy whipping cream, mct oil, Carmel extract, splenda, water and sea salt. Thanx!

• cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Avocado, coconut and nuts/seeds
  • mechellecranford
    Options
    Eggs
    0 carb
    18g protein
    15g fat

Then, why did MFP add 1 carb for my boiled egg?
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Eggs
    0 carb
    18g protein
    15g fat

Then, why did MFP add 1 carb for my boiled egg?

Eggs actually have .6 carbs in them. I assume MFP rounds it up to not fool people thinking into it's completely carb free.

ETA: 50 grams of egg has .6 carbs. Adjust accordingly.
  • RAFLowCarb
    RAFLowCarb Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Don’t worry about the fat content too much. Have a look at Ted Newman’s videos on YouTube. Essentially it’s best to set your carb limit, work out your protein based on Lean Body Mass and eat fats until you are full (although just be liberal and not afraid of the drizzle of butter/olive oil!). I tend to roast any veg I have with fats and eat list of fatty cuts of meat. It soon adds up! I also love my homemade Mayo - so tasty, so easy to make and has the good fats rather than canola, rape seed or Soya Bean oil in shop brought.
  • mechellecranford
    Options
    RAFLowCarb wrote: »
    Don’t worry about the fat content too much. Have a look at Ted Newman’s videos on YouTube. Essentially it’s best to set your carb limit, work out your protein based on Lean Body Mass and eat fats until you are full (although just be liberal and not afraid of the drizzle of butter/olive oil!). I tend to roast any veg I have with fats and eat list of fatty cuts of meat. It soon adds up! I also love my homemade Mayo - so tasty, so easy to make and has the good fats rather than canola, rape seed or Soya Bean oil in shop brought.

Awesome, ty!