Bottled water choice???

Options
Ok.. so Im sitting there drinking my 8th or so bottle of Aquafina for the day when I read on the label that "Aquafina originates from public water sources...." purified, of course.

What is your choice for bottled water & why?

Since I consider your opinions more valuable then Google, thought I throw this one out.

Thanks in advance!

XOX
Jen

Replies

• kykykenna
    kykykenna Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Fuji....hands down. (AWESOME taste) Personally I can not stand Aquafina...that whole quote makes me cringe, too....lol
  • KyleGA
    KyleGA Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Whatever is onsale...as most are "from public water sources..." My fav is Dasani, just because...this week its Nestle Pure Life (Kroger had them onsale).

Cheers!
  • Timeforme714
    Timeforme714 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I like Dasani - it is purified by reverse osmosis and has minerals added for taste.
  • Tereztaylor07
    Options
    Just for financial reasons, tap water. Most of the affordable bottled water is just treated tap water. You get used to the taste, and if it's ice cold it's much better lol
  • schobert101
    schobert101 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I gave up bottled water. Much of it is just tap water that you are paying good money for and the amount of plastic waste is horrific. Why not just fill your own bottles to go and save some money and the environment?
  • crummywatertowr
    crummywatertowr Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    We just use tap through a Britta filter.
  • mleb2005
    mleb2005 Posts: 45
    Options
    Fiji..by far the best!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    The label should really read "aquafina (and other bottled waters) originate from a desire to make an insane amount of money over something most people can get for free".
    Bottled waters are one of the biggest scams out there - if you live in a developed country your water is almost certainly safe to drink straight from the tap.
    I suggest keep a couple of your water bottles, fill them up from the tap and put them in the fridge.
    You'll soon get used to the taste, you'll save yourself heaps of money and you'll help reduce the terrible pollution problem of plastic water bottles.
  • dez_yaoichan
    Options
    i drink nestle pure life-- love the taste
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    I use a water filter and fill up a gallon every night :)
  • beach_bum_gurl
    Options
    I love Aquafina, but I buy Deer Park. It's cheaper and the bottles are made of thinner plastic.
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options

This!

My roommate says that Brita water doesn't have enough flavor, thus she prefers tap. Baltimore tap. Gross
  • mmstgr
    mmstgr Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Smart Water by Glaceau

Because I like the taste better than others
  • Zen_Master_B
    Options
    Well we live in the ghetto so our tap water is very nasty and unsafe, we have a brita pitcher and I couldn't imagine life without it. I used to boil my water the day before so I could even feel good about it.

In relation to your post they have the bottles with purifiers in the cap and most of the bottles are BPA free, only about 10-20 bucks. You can save the enviroment and some money at the same time! Bottled water is expensive over time, I drink like a gallon a day of water sometimes, can't imagine paying so much for it.
  • Elixandra
    Elixandra Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I really like SmartWater.
  • kittrelle
    Options
    I HATE drinking water. No matter how hard I try I have to CHOKE it down without mio or crystal light. BUT I love Aquafina!!! It's the taste I love, I have no idea what it is....the bottles are super thin and we recycle. ... I also like Dasani. It has a smooth mouth feel and nice flavor but Aquafina's my fave.
  • redtalent
    redtalent Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Oddly enough I took an environmental geology course and we had whole section on bottled water! I was surprised to learn that most bottled water is straight from the tap. Also, bottled water has less health regulations than tap water! The junk they say they add to it, like minerals, aren't good for you or the environment! And, of course, the bottles themselves and the process used to make the bottles are terrible for the environment! Your best bet is to go out and buy a Nalgene bottle or something of the like and fill it up with good ol' tap water!
  • 69mustang
    69mustang Posts: 185
    Options
    Same here.

When I am away from home though and need some water I will buy Nestle Pure Life Sparkling Spring Water
  • seal57
    seal57 Posts: 1,307
    Options
    good old tap water here.....
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    I'm sure there are truly good bottled waters out there but I don't buy them mostly because of environmental impact. I'm a Brita pitcher gal. :smile: