How can I "look" thinner

Just got a call from an old friend. A bunch of girls that I grew up with are getting together on the 29th.
Yes, only 8 days away. I'm wanting to look as trim as I can.
I've lost 20lbs since April. I still have 15 lbs or more to lose.
I'm starting the 30DS again. Hoping to cut a few inches before the lunch. Any other ideas of what I can do to maximize my weight loss? Is there any other "tricks"? I'm BFing, is there another way to get rid of water weight? Without jeopardizing my milk supply?

Replies

• femmerides
    femmerides Posts: 843 Member
    wear some spanx! :-)
  • buy a new outfit that fits better then your old clothes do so it doesnt look baggy which gives the impression you have more weight on you then you really do
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Spanx is a great idea! Also, wear something that fits you well (not too tight) colors that are flattering to your skin tone and eyes, and with a shape that will emphasize your assets. Things that draw attention to the smallest part of your waist, or that elongate your waist, jeans that are wide legged etc. Drink lots of water, and focus on eating really clean. :) Have fun!
  • GouletB
    GouletB Posts: 50 Member
    Till then eat mostly raw, fruit, veggies, nuts(unsalted), throw in fish and chicken grilled or baked with lemon. Its a great way to feel smaller, no bloat etc.
  • catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    buy a new outfit that fits better then your old clothes do so it doesnt look baggy which gives the impression you have more weight on you then you really do
    this.

Plus, choose your best color, either black or something that will make your eye color stand out. Don't chop your body into color squares, keep each section the same or similar tones. Also you may know what styles/cuts of clothing make you look better, for example, I have an apple shape but look best with blouses tapered and un-tucked. If you have nice legs wear a skirt/dress rather than slacks. If you have a nice décolletage, highlight that :wink:

Watch the show What Not To Wear.:bigsmile:
  • I will do almost all fruit and veg, and a little brown rice and lean protein for up to a week if I want to get rid of bloat. Plus tons of water and some green tea.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,902 Member
    Still haven't figured out why this is a big issue with women than men. Anyway, low carb 3 days (50 grams or less), high carb the 4th day (150-200 grams). Keep water high, make sure you balance your potassium/sodium balance to move water from under the skin to inside your cells.
  • crystalslight
    crystalslight Posts: 322 Member
    Still haven't figured out why this is a big issue with women than men.

Because women, really want to look good for other women. That's who notices. Men will be distracted by a bit of cleavage. Women will look you up and down. And will compare themselves to you. Especially women who are the same age as. I don't know why this is BUT it's true. Anyway thanks for the advice and I'm gonna watch my carbs. I've already started drinking the water :drinker:
  • wysmom2000
    wysmom2000 Posts: 101 Member
    Still haven't figured out why this is a big issue with women than men.

Because women, really want to look good for other women. That's who notices. Men will be distracted by a bit of cleavage. Women will look you up and down. And will compare themselves to you. Especially women who are the same age as. I don't know why this is BUT it's true. Anyway thanks for the advice and I'm gonna watch my carbs. I've already started drinking the water :drinker:

My hubby says the same thing. He says all women check other women out. And we're lying if we say we don't :)