Cant loose weight

Options
I have been eating the recommended 1320 calories a day and working out at the gym for approx 1.5 - 2 hours 4 days a week since September but have only lost 1kg. What am I doing wrong?

Replies

• estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    How are you measuring your food?
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    How tall are you, and how much do you weigh now?

Have you been doing this amount of exercise since September? If not, when did you start?
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Has your weight fluctuated up and down during that period?
  • eloisebalgowan
    eloisebalgowan Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am measuring and recording all food in this app. I am 65kg and 157cm talk. I work in an office job so sit all day but do 30min on treadmill during lunch break 4 times a week and go to gym 4 nights a week for 1-1.5 hours (circuit/full body work out classesand cardio). I have been going to gym since September and measuring food since november
  • eloisebalgowan
    Options
    I am not slimming down as my clothes are not loose. When i put in my height and weight into this app it told me 1320 calories per day to lose 250g per week
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member
    Options
    Are you measuring your food or weighing your food?

You’re set for a very small calorie deficit per day (which is fine - you don’t have a lot to lose). But a deficit of only 250 calories per day means your logging needs or be as accurate as possible. Nutrition info on packages is by weight. They give cups/spoons as an approximate guide, but 1 cup of something could vary a lot in weight depending on how it’s packed in there. So what you’re logging might be the value for what the package estimates is a cup of food, but what you ate might actually weigh much more than what the manufacturer estimates is in that cup of food.

Also-are you logging exercise and eating those calories back (you should be). How are you estimating calories burned in your workouts?

The reality is that your deficit is small so you won’t see massive weight drops. You’re only going to lose 1kg a month. My weight fluctuates by more than that on a daily basis-so it can be every more difficult to see weight changes.

The best you can do is be as accurate as possible with your logging, use a weight trending app/site to help smooth out fluctuations, and be patient.
  • eloisebalgowan
    Options
    Definitely weighing food with food scale
  • NadNight
    NadNight Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    With weight loss it doesn’t really matter what you eat (in theory) as long as your calories in are less than calories out. But out of interest, what would a days eating look like for you? Similarly, what does your exercise regime look like?
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    b0jta1rq4z76.jpg
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    If you are working out this much, perhaps you are building muscle as well as losing fat. Have you measured yourself? It's possible you are slimming down, but not seeing it on the scale.

no. muscle building (especially in a woman) is a long and slow process. plus, muscle will never go on at a rate that will outpace fat loss - especially while eating at a deficit (which she claims to be).
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    Dilvish wrote: »
    most calculators also require your age and activity level to be accurate, you didn't post your age so it's a guess.

switching your routine from cardio to resistance/weights may improve your weight loss. Your body can start to adapt to the same exercise routine and this is typically responsible for when people "plateau" in their weight loss goals. Change up your exercise...if you can, add swimming. Swimming at a moderate to vigorous pace uses muscles you thought you never had!

You also should look at sodium and carbohydrates. Sodium makes you retain water and carbs make you retain fat. Adjust your carbs to 50g-150g per day, increase the protein and try to stay around 1600mg or less of sodium per day. And don't weigh yourself everyday...it's not an accurate measurement because like blood pressure it can fluctuate during the day.

I'm all for changing up exercise from time to time. I get bored with one thing and realize I'm no longer putting in 100% effort so switching it up can help. And swimming is great exercise.

Carbs don't make you retain fat, excess calories do. There's no reason to arbitrarily limit sodium for someone who is not limiting it for a medical reason.

Weighing everyday is fine if you like the data and don't worry about the day to day fluctuations. The overall trend over time is what you are looking for.

OP - with not a lot to lose it is going to be slow. I'd double check your logging first to make sure you are being as accurate as possible. That's always where I start when it seems I'm not losing when I want to.
  • Ravenska_says
    Ravenska_says Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Can you give an example about your meal plan for one day?