Severally overweight.. how to do this?

Options
I weigh 220 pounds. I NEED to be 130 to be average. How can I lose 90 in the shortest amount of time?

Replies

• LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    You arent severe. You are overweight yes.
    Eat healthy. Portioned. Fresh foods - not processed. Work out - and work out hard.
  • bree2012
    bree2012 Posts: 179
    Options
    On your profile you said you wanted to lose 40-50. And why are you in such a rush to lose 90 pounds? Weight-loss is not a fast process.
    See this as a lifestyle change instead. Cut out your junk food. Not completely, but limit them to once a week. Exercise more. 4 times a week for 30 minutes, at least.
    That should get you started. And you are not severely overweight.
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    there is no safe magic pill. change your diet and increase your physical activity. it takes time.
  • ecmcnamee
    ecmcnamee Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    There's a lot of ways to lose 90 pounds fast ... but they are all the wrong ways. You should lose the weight slowly so that you are able to keep it off forever. Change how you eat .. it's a lifestyle change ... not a quick fix. Make better choices, exercise ... track your caloric intake. So what if it takes you a year or two to lose it ... at least then you'll be able to keep it off forever. Good luck!
  • Izable2011
    Izable2011 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    All you can do is eat the right foods and get plenty of exercise. You don't want to lose it too fast. I know it is hard to be patient for the weight to come off b/c that's how I feel for sure! lol You can do this & good luck to you. :)
  • Sauchie
    Sauchie Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    On your profile you said you wanted to lose 40-50. And why are you in such a rush to lose 90 pounds? Weight-loss is not a fast process.
    See this as a lifestyle change instead. Cut out your junk food. Not completely, but limit them to once a week. Exercise more. 4 times a week for 30 minutes, at least.
    That should get you started. And you are not severely overweight.

^^this
  • momof3and3
    momof3and3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Keep your calorie intake to what you are assigned, don't eat a lot of processed sugars and carbs, and exercise ALOT!

You can do this, just take it one day at a time, one pound at a time...
  • shydaisi
    shydaisi Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Do you want to keep the weight off long term? If so, the only way to get there is a long road. Eat less, move more. It really is as simple as determining the number of calories out versus calories in. I too have a long road. My initial goal is 110 lbs. lost; I am 31 lbs. down that road. I am guessing I will end up losing another 10 to 15 on top of that. If you would like a friend along the way, feel free to send me an invite! We can all use all the support we can get!
  • Monica_has_a_goal
    Monica_has_a_goal Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure you didnt gain it overnight. Be Patient, Work the program both logging your food and exercise as well as your water intake.. You'll do fine!

I started in June 2011 and I've lost a considerable amount but I need to lose lots more so I'm taking it one day at a time and setting Mini goals. Looking at the total of 100 pounds is daunting, but saying I can lose 5 pounds this month,, That goal is doable.

YOU're here and this is the 1st step, Now BREATHE and think it through.. YOU CAN DO THIS! I have faith in you! Do you? :happy:
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Like all the other members..there's no way to lose the weight fast and keep it off. You'll just fall back into your old habits and gain it all back. It's a lifestyle change girl..no quick fixes. According to my height, I'm suppose to weigh between 97 lbs - 132 lbs...it will be awhile till I get to that point if I do want to go that small. It took us time to gain the weight, it will take time to get it off. Hard work and determination will get you to your goal.
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    its not a short process..i have been here for 7 months, and i have only lost like 38 lbs..it wont always be every week is a loss..you will have some plateaus, and some gains..good luck to you, but it won't be a short fast journey
  • amandalynk
    amandalynk Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    That was 6 months ago! I have gained about 30-40 pounds since then
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    My suggestion, for what it is worth, is take your time losing the weight. Strive for 1 pound per week. Sometimes you will lose more, sometime right on, other times a little less, but long term there is less chance for plateaus that way. Losing fast is always something people want, but losing slower will allow you to get rid of your bad eating patterns you have established in your life up to this point and establish new healthier eating patterns. To do that takes time, and the time it takes to lose the weight is the ideal time to do it. Statistics are pretty straightforward on the long term success of rapid weight loss, for the vast majority of people it does not work. Unless you have a medical condition that requires you lose the weight quickly, don't.
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    That was 6 months ago! I have gained about 30-40 pounds since then
    Hi there! Obviously what people here have said is all great advice. I would, if you're comfortable, open your diary. It keeps you honest. Find an exercise that you LIKE...dare I say LOVE. I found Spinning and it changed my life. Find YOUR Spinning. :-) If you love food...keep away from processed. You can eat a lot more clean food than junk...see my post about the 540 calorie "snack sized" mcflurry. LOL!

I would also like to add, that it may be helpful to see a therapist. 40 pound gain in 6 months is quite extreme, and I hope that doesn't come across ugly. I just know that speaking to a therapist as to why one would gain that could really help you solve this long term. Many times food is the symptom of something deeper. Good luck. It will take TIME, but you can do this! Friend me if you need support!
  • shydaisi
    shydaisi Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to add that losing slow also allows for your skin to shrink up!
  • MCYoung
    MCYoung Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Watch what you eat...
    Exercise... walk slow... walk fast....jog....swim...ride a bike, dance..... yoga....Zumba... hoola hoop... jump rope... just move!!!
    Start with 20-30 min a day and work your way up.
    Dring LOTS of water!!!!!!
    It will come off ~ have some faith in yourself and the process!