Hello Everyone! Lynn1123 would like to introduce myself

Options
I am 61 years old and was sent here on the encouragement of my daughter. Has anyone else hit the "brick wall" like I have? It seems no matter what I do I just can't get the weight to come off. I get so discouraged that I just give in to the temptations. I work full time and my husband is an over the road truck driver so I am home alone Monday through Friday. I only want to lose about 15 pounds but they have been the hardest ever to lose. Any suggestions?

Replies

• ConnieSG
    ConnieSG Posts: 376
    Options
    Hello:

Do you currently work out? Please feel free to add me!!
  • ShannonMHS
    Options
    Welcome Lynn ... I'm new too exactly a week. I haven't hit the brick wall yet but I've done so in the past many times. Log everything you eat even the smallest things and you will be surprised how fast calories add up. Bump up your exercise more and you can always watch your starches and carbs a little closer, cut the sugar and breads are such a temptation for me :) With 15 lbs to lose, you should have it off in no time @ all!! Good luck and have fun!
  • astroub
    astroub Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    What is your exercise routine like? Plus, your caloric intake may have something to don with it... Your diary is closed but may help if you open it to let your pals help with suggestions!! We are all here to encourage and help you!! If you want to add me that is great! I will help you along your journey! :wink:
  • luppic8
    luppic8 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Welcome Lynn! You have come to the right place. This site is amazing. I have lost 24 of the 30 I wanted to lose. I have met a lot of great people that have encouraged, supported and been there for me. The site is addicting. I find myself anxious to sign on to see how my friends are doing and to share best bets. I would love for you to join my friend network so that I can help you along your journey. All I ask is for your support and praise in return. If this sound good to you, please feel free to add me to your buddy list! Good luck to you! :flowerforyou:
  • olso123
    olso123 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Welcome Lynn1123, I was in the exact same spot as you now about 8 weeks ago. I only needed to lose about 15 lbs and I hit that brick wall. I joined this site and started documenting what food I ate....what an eye opener that was for me .....I realized not only was I not eating a well balanced diet I also was not eating enough on the days that I was very active. Since I have been on this site I have lost 8 lbs and I am determine to get the rest off. Great place for support and motivation.....add some friends to help you through it. Feel free to add me if you like.
  • lynnspittal
    Options
    A fellow Lynn here! 56 years old and having another go. I'm finidng exercise (and lots of it) the answer. My huibby works away 3 nights a week and I have often used that time to slack off and eat garbage. Now I use it to work exercise. I am in the gym 6 days a week, on a different program each day. I'm loving it again. make sure the program is based on your fitness levels as you can be put off too easily otherwise. This site has been great though, with the encouragement of the many friends you link with. Feel free to add me as a friend! Good luck!
  • gods_gal
    gods_gal Posts: 305
    Options
    Hi Lynn, I've been on a "plateau" since about the middle of June without a substantial loss. I've been staying under calories and have added exercising. I'm sticking it out because I know it will eventually start coming off again. I try to increase my exercise all the time to get stronger. I have 68 more pounds to get to my goal weight and I'm determined to do it, no matter how long it takes. No more treating my body with disrespect!! Feel free to add me if you'd like an encouraging friend. :smile:
  • amylynn3_2000
    amylynn3_2000 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Glad you jumped on board Mom! Looking forward to our journeys together. We can do this!